The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took a day trip from Seattle up to Mount Baker. I should have gotten on highway 9 earlier, but I didn't research enough in advance to know it would be more interesting than I-5. Here is the route I took.

Road Map

Had a lot of fun despite the traffic of cars and cyclists. Luckily the cyclists were mostly headed down the mountain by the time I got there (about 3pm). Decent chunk of curvy road has a 50mph speed limit, which always feels faster to me in my lotus.

I couldn't find a good spot to pull over and take pictures of my Exige with a nice backdrop. I didn't feel comfortable stopping with the many cars that were driving past. :( I'll get a good one next road trip.

Some photos I did take while standing in the usual tourist locations on Artists Point.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
How long did it take to get up there? Looks like a fun drive. I wonder if any drives are forming up next sat 8/23 after RTC British day?

Great photos.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How long did it take to get up there? Looks like a fun drive. I wonder if any drives are forming up next sat 8/23 after RTC British day?

Great photos.
Google maps says 2hr 50m, I remember it being around 3h 40m from the east side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts