The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
They made a huge difference for me. Much better positioning for heel toe. The wider gas pedal definately helps. Also, for me, the brake pedal was too low for easy heel toe. The kit comes with some spacers (shown in the above picture) so you can easily raise the brake pedal. There is an adjustment under the dash for doing this, but this method is much easier. There is also much better grip on the brake and clutch.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool, thanks for the help so far. Do they help with the heel toe that is more side of your foot method? Rolling you foot over to blip the throttle.

·
Registered
42 Posts
cool, thanks for the help so far. Do they help with the heel toe that is more side of your foot method? Rolling you foot over to blip the throttle.
That's the way I do it - big toe on the brake/little toe on the gas. The way the mounting holes are positioned on the gas pedal you can mount it in 3 different positions depending on how much closer you need it.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's the way I do it - big toe on the brake/little toe on the gas. The way the mounting holes are positioned on the gas pedal you can mount it in 3 different positions depending on how much closer you need it.
awesome thanks.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
I've got them and I love them. I've used one of the supplied shims to raise the brake pedal a little relative to the throttle pedal. I actually put almost the entire ball of my foot on the brake pedal, and use the outer edge and heel of my foot to blip the throttle... I find it very reliable and allows a lot of brake pedal pressure and modulation.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Be carful with these. I installed them last week and used only one shim on the brake pedal and tested it on the street. When I took it to the track last weekend I drove into the tires on the 1st turn! I was very lucky that there wasn't much damage. I lost the front spoiler and was able to buff most of the paint marks off the front clam. When I went hard on the brake it went down more than it did on the street applying gas with the brake and couldn't stop before driving into the tires. The nonskid surface of the brake pedal kept me from sliding my foot over. Now I have 3 shims and it’s much better. Start with the 3 shims and the gas pedal in the center position and drive it on the track before you make any adjustments.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Be carful with these. I installed them last week and used only one shim on the brake pedal and tested it on the street. When I took it to the track last weekend I drove into the tires on the 1st turn! I was very lucky that there wasn't much damage. I lost the front spoiler and was able to buff most of the paint marks off the front clam. When I went hard on the brake it went down more than it did on the street applying gas with the brake and couldn't stop before driving into the tires. The nonskid surface of the brake pedal kept me from sliding my foot over. Now I have 3 shims and it’s much better. Start with the 3 shims and the gas pedal in the center position and drive it on the track before you make any adjustments.
THanks for the tip. I have only installed one shim at the moment.

·
Registered
598 Posts
For sale

I have set never used new for sale. Offers.

·
Administrator
Exige S260
1,958 Posts
@likethejetsons you can post them for sale for free if you want to gift them, post them with pictures. Most importantly, introduce yourself, post pictures of your Lotus.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts