The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
DCNSX,

So do we have any idea what the install price would be for our DC area guy to do all the pieces that make up the equivalent to the Starshield kit? Or if we don't have that #, what would we be looking at for the standard Xpel full kit (and we can guesstimate the install cost for the optional pieces which make it equal to the Starshield).

If it all makes sen$e, you can count me in.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Steve - you're in Providence? I'm from West Greenwich.

Since I'm getting my car from Connecticut, and you are getting yours somewhere down here, how about we switch cars and save each other the drive? (Mine won't be delivered until early spring though.) rotfl

·
Registered
449 Posts
Steve said:
...Nice to see a fellow Rhode Islander here ... and an F1 fan! Do you get up to Montreal? I've been every year since 96. My memory is shot but I'm pretty sure David won 4-5 years ago.
Steve, well, I'm a RI native, but now living & working in DC as a tax attorney. Where did you graduate from around here? Georgetown? GW? As for F1, I've done Montreal & the USGP before, but went to Le Mans instead of an F1 circus this year. Next year I'm thinking Spa or Monza... we'll see. And David never did win at Circuit GV, but he did snag the pole there in 1998.

Back on topic: as a tax attorney, I'd like to point out that this Xpel option could save you an additional $30-50* (this is in addition to the already mentioned savings) in the form of sales taxes** you won't have to pay on the additional grand Starshield adds to the sticker price of your Elise.

* varies depending on your state, and you'll probably have to pay sales tax on the cost of the labor to install it.
** technically, you'd still owe use tax on the purchase of an out of state item, as you technically do on any internet/catalog purchase, but no one actually pays that... except me of course ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts