The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,
Not sure about you all, but I love Fish and Chips. Looking at a place in Annapolis that is good. Checking on the parking issues. More on this later.

The basic idea? Bring your Lotus down to my house in Old Town Alexandria, some Sunday morning (Sundays are quieter) I already have a nice route that goes round i495 for a bit, down Rt4, and cuts across some twisty roads, ending up in Eastport. Then it's over the bridge and into Annapolis Town. I use the route all the time, and it is quite fun. Took the Elise on it last week in the rain.

I am waiting to hear back from the restaurant about availability and parking.

Sound like fun?

Marylanders, you can always just drive to Annapolis and meet us, or cruise over to Virginia for the drive as well. If anyone wants to plan a Baltimore to Annapolis route that would be fine too.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
copy cats...

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I don't see anything about "all you can eat" and "fatties." :shrug:
rotfl that all changes as soon as BM posts in this thread...

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Ok,
Not sure about you all, but I love Fish and Chips. Looking at a place in Annapolis that is good. Checking on the parking issues. More on this later.

The basic idea? Bring your Lotus down to my house in Old Town Alexandria, some Sunday morning (Sundays are quieter) I already have a nice route that goes round i495 for a bit, down Rt4, and cuts across some twisty roads, ending up in Eastport. Then it's over the bridge and into Annapolis Town. I use the route all the time, and it is quite fun. Took the Elise on it last week in the rain.

I am waiting to hear back from the restaurant about availability and parking.

Sound like fun?

Marylanders, you can always just drive to Annapolis and meet us, or cruise over to Virginia for the drive as well. If anyone wants to plan a Baltimore to Annapolis route that would be fine too.
Might be interested...curious to see what restaurant in the downtown/eastport area you come up with that has parking that will put everyone's mind at ease that the cars won't be bashed.

Maybe go another half hour further on, cross the great water (Chesapeake Bay) and eat crabs (or menu order) at either Fisherman's Deck or Harris' Seafood House.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Might be interested...curious to see what restaurant in the downtown/eastport area you come up with that has parking that will put everyone's mind at ease that the cars won't be bashed.

Maybe go another half hour further on, cross the great water (Chesapeake Bay) and eat crabs (or menu order) at either Fisherman's Deck or Harris' Seafood House.
Come on over! I'll be here waiting...:popcorn:

·
Registered
192 Posts
I am taking family down to Tims crabhouse Sunday since reading Mikes revue. Anyone else want to drive around and meet there for early dinner?On the Potomac near Dumphries.We could do the Middelburg Run and come back through Bristow and the P.W. Forest road that ends at Quantico. Ken have a great time today. Good luck Monday.
Bob

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey! That could be fun. Was down at Tim's last Sunday. He'd save spots for Lotus if there were a significant number coming. Kind of short notice though, and it might be rainy tomorrow...

I am taking family down to Tims crabhouse Sunday since reading Mikes revue. Anyone else want to drive around and meet there for early dinner?On the Potomac near Dumphries.We could do the Middelburg Run and come back through Bristow and the P.W. Forest road that ends at Quantico. Ken have a great time today. Good luck Monday.
Bob

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I'd be interested in a get together Sunday. I agree that Kent Island could be better for parking but we'd have to do at least a convoy through downtown Annapolis... Tomorrow's weather is forecasted with a chance of rain early then cloudy. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I may be interested, but what about continuing down 4 to Solomon's Island?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For those watching this thread today, Sunday, the Deutschmark. Concours is today, 9601 Courthouse Rd, in Vienna, VA. $10 wine and cheese reception at 3:30pm. It could be very good, over 30 classic BMWs are registered. Would be fun to have some Lotus parked in the guest lot, especially if they are all together...

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Greetings.
So I checked out Castlebay, and yes, the Fish and Chips are great! But... it is in downtown Annapolis. Absolutely hateful parking. Anyone friends with the transportation department? If so, we could block off a bunch of spots on Main St for the cars, but other than that, we'd probably need a garage.

I was lucky enough to find a space right in front of the restaurant, and a seat outside. The show that ensued was quite entertaining. People would walk by the car, stop, stare, walk around it. Little kids practically danced when they saw it, and even some older women seemed to recognize the name (at least) perhaps remembering some guy they dated in the sixties who drove a Lotus. No one seemed to know it was an "Elise"...

Some of the best quotes...

1st guy: "What's that?"
2nd guy: "a Lotus"
1st: guy: "Who makes it?"
2nd guy: "Lotus"
---------------------------

two more guys....
1st guy: "Wow, look at that car!"
2nd guy: "That's a Lotus! It costs around $125,000!"
me: (bursts out laughing!)

girl: "Honey, what's a Lotus?"
guy: "That's some car..."
girl: "You can't have one, you won't fit in it!"

I haven't had that much fun people watching in a while!

·
Registered
992 Posts
i'll watch this thread - looks like some good spots!

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Greetings.
So I checked out Castlebay, and yes, the Fish and Chips are great! But... it is in downtown Annapolis. Absolutely hateful parking. Anyone friends with the transportation department? If so, we could block off a bunch of spots on Main St for the cars, but other than that, we'd probably need a garage.

I was lucky enough to find a space right in front of the restaurant, and a seat outside. The show that ensued was quite entertaining. People would walk by the car, stop, stare, walk around it. Little kids practically danced when they saw it, and even some older women seemed to recognize the name (at least) perhaps remembering some guy they dated in the sixties who drove a Lotus. No one seemed to know it was an "Elise"...

Some of the best quotes...

1st guy: "What's that?"
2nd guy: "a Lotus"
1st: guy: "Who makes it?"
2nd guy: "Lotus"
---------------------------

two more guys....
1st guy: "Wow, look at that car!"
2nd guy: "That's a Lotus! It costs around $125,000!"
me: (bursts out laughing!)

girl: "Honey, what's a Lotus?"
guy: "That's some car..."
girl: "You can't have one, you won't fit in it!"

I haven't had that much fun people watching in a while!

You, my friend, are one brave soul taking the car through downtown Annapolis to begin with...the streets were designed and laid out 200 years ago for horses and buggys...today add the tourist drivers. And to parallel park there...whew!

I won't parallel park my DD in downtown Annapolis!

·
Registered
79 Posts
:cool:

I live in Annapolis and I'm down for something in the area... and yes, you are nuts parking a Lotus on the street here. People like to bump. rotfl

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I travel downtown on a daily basis and have yet to have an issue with streets or parking... You just have to keep a look-out for road dips, grade changes, etc... but all can easily be manuvered around. Too bad you came to my backyard and didn't tell anyone -poke-

Any chance for a Monday gathering?

Dave

·
Registered
992 Posts
prob a busy weekend to head in to Annapolis right? too much hassle?

i think i've seen your car around there.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts