The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
GG
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been looking on the forums for places that have experience with installing and tuning our cars and most seem to be on the west coast. (At least the ones that post threads about their installs.) Just trying to see if anyone knows any top notch east coast installers/tuners. As far as tuning is concerned I'm thinking I want to go with AEM EMS.... since there might be more tuners familiar with it? I just bought an Elise and just want it to have a tad more power. :evil:

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
You should think of using fast works for the tune. Boe sells it and it has good reputation. Turbos on the 2zz have habit of blowing engines if tuned incorrectly

·
GG
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been researching ECUs and have called BOE. I have a 2009 Elise which they do not support as of yet since it's Black Dash. From my research people have been favoring AEM since it's more known among tuners, at least for 08'+.

As far as SC vs Turbo, I have been going back and forth and have settled that I want a turbo but realize it needs to be tuned correctly. I'm hoping for an experienced tuner in the area but from the looks of it people are flying tuners out here to the east coast. Not a good sign.. haha. My last resort would be to transport my car to a well known installer/tuner across the country.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
You might look at 2x EFI that DRS sells. it will work with 08'+ i think. I run a turbo 275FF kit and like it. If you want something easy to install I recommend a super charger because there is alot more testing and knowledge for super charger setups

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Try Vision Function, I believe in Gaithersburg. They've done supercharging of these cars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts