The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A member of our local Lotus club, who happens to work for the British Embassy, got us invitations to bring a few of our cars to display at their annual open house. This is the second year we have been invited. Gavin has a beautiful Caterham, and he displayed that. We also had an Elite, an Esprit, and my Elise. This is especially nice, since the other British car firms - Aston, Jaguar/Land Rover, and Bentley - just send a couple of reps with new cars. Lotus is the only invitees to bring member-owned cars. We generated a lot of interest. I really liked the variety of our chosen vehicles - the Seven, representing Lotus' early tube-frame cars, the Elite, a monocoque, the Esprit, a backbone car, and my Elise, with the aluminum tub.

We met the ambassador and his wife, and they spent a good amount of time checking out our cars. The embassy grounds are beautiful, and we had good weather all the way until quitting time, 4:00PM - at which point, it drizzled all the way home.

--Bob Collum

Attachments

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Kevin's had that Elite for longer than the 27 or so years I've known him. It's an older restoration that looks as great today as it did when it was finished.

Kevin's the guy who hosts a big regional Lotus (and other cars of interest) picnic in MD each year, during which he also shows his Esprit X180R race cars, and several other Lotus/Caterham.

Reactions: rcollum
1 - 3 of 3 Posts