The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just corresponded with Austin Lewis at DE regarding delivery estimates. It sounds like their latest info indicates a 3-4 month delay!

:(

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am #21 I think. I was also told that a lower number customer dropped off and I was assigned their car (same specs). I have not been contacted for my order info meaning that either I am still in line for a first order car and the second order specs have been taken or second order group specs have not been solicited yet. As far as the delay goes, it sounded like it applied to the first batch cars that have not yet been delivered. I am hoping I will be pleasantly suprised over the next few months, but not holding my breath.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
My understanding is that DE has only asked for the first 20 orders so far. Shay2nak hopefully will be along soon as he just recently spoke with Pat.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Does anyone know for sure how many cars DE has delivered to customers? Last I heard was "6", but it wasn't firm.

I won't rant again now, but damn.. is all this confusion really necessary? Won't someone think of the children!? I'd pay big bucks to call 1-900-WTF-LOTUS and just say "What is UP with DE and what are they getting for cars??"

·
Registered
389 Posts
I last heard they got 6 cars in. That includes thier demo.

Adamant stated that he should be receiving his car 18th - 20th. My car was on the same ship as his. Hopefully I will be receiving "the call" any day now.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
final advocate said:
I am #21 I think. I was also told that a lower number customer dropped off and I was assigned their car (same specs). I have not been contacted for my order info meaning that either I am still in line for a first order car and the second order specs have been taken or second order group specs have not been solicited yet. As far as the delay goes, it sounded like it applied to the first batch cars that have not yet been delivered. I am hoping I will be pleasantly suprised over the next few months, but not holding my breath.
I private messaged you a few hours ago with some questions. I would greatly appreciate it if you could take a look and respond. (I put this reminder here because I am bad about not check my PMs for weeks at a time - I just keep forgetting to look)
Thanks

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
finaladvocate said:
ChrisH- didn't get the PM.
I am going to guess that final advocate with a space between the words got the PM.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Randy Chase said:
I am going to guess that final advocate with a space between the words got the PM.
Yup, "Final Advocate" with a space (this must be confusing). And he did respond and cleared up some info about DE for me.
Thanks final "space" advocate.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
YUP. I will be using my final advocate logon exclusively. I would like to delete the finaladvocate profile but I haven't figured out how.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
and *poof*...he was gone.

I deleted that account

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
final advocate said:
I have just corresponded with Austin Lewis at DE regarding delivery estimates. It sounds like their latest info indicates a 3-4 month delay!

:(
that 3 to 4 month delay was the delay from the original release of May to the actual release of August. They've delivered 6 cars so far and I don't know how many they're getting this month. Pat has prepared the next 10 orders (21-30), which I thought I was in being 28, but I'll be in the next 10 orders. I hope it's soon and not many months down the road. I've been told Feb/March and I hope it is the case.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Austin said I was around twenty. I was not in the first order group so that means I am higher than 20. I asked if I would be in the second order group and Austin said yes I would be first up implying #21). I was told about three months ago that a customer ahead of me had bailed out and that I would get their care (same specs as I had unofficially relayed to Austin). Austin at that time said that I would have the care by the end of October. I called a few days ago and was told that it would be Feb-Mar. I asked if that meant the car already ordered in the first batch that the custtomer bailed on and Austin's response was "presumably". The way I see it. If I do get a car from the first batch, DE are treating me very well. If not, I will be taking my lumps. Either way, it appears as though I am being treated fairly, especially given the number of cars that they have received. I have not been contacted by anyone about spec-ing the car.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
well they've long ago sent in the first two sets of orders and are about to send in the next one. I'm on the fourth batch where I thought I would be the third considering i'm 28th. Go figure...as long as i get my car Feb/March, I don't care.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts