The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Dead Mouse, Can't reach it

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  shay2nak 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Living rurally, I deal with mice a lot. It hasn't been a real issue until now. I seem to have what I believe is a dead mouse trapped in the Exige and I can't reach it. The attached picture shows where the smell is coming from on the passengers side (circled in red). I have the inner wheel liner off. I have the hinge cover off. I can't see any way of getting down into this space other than through the interior somehow. Anyone know how I can get into this area? Will removing the sill covers help (I'm assuming no)?

I need to get a vaccuum and some XO spray down in there. My car smells awful! To top it off, it's supposed to be in the 80s and dry all weekend. Please help!!!

-Brad

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I guess stepping away from the problem helped. There's an approximately 2" wire access hole for the door wires located right on top of the panel that's the problem (pretty much in the center of the red circle in the picture above). If I remove the grommet, I've got reasonable access. From what I can tell, it's the best way in. The "good" news is I can see the mouse nest. At least that's some level of confirmation that I've found the problem. Before I take this route in, any other ideas from some of you who have done real body work to these cars?

-Brad

#6 ·
Thanks for the help, everyone. It looks like taking off the sill covers could have been quite helpful. Hopefully, I won't ever have to find out.

I was able to get the nest and at least one dead baby mouse out by going through the wire hole leading to the door, thanks to some sucking and blowing of the trusty ShopVac and a length of 1/2" copper pipe as an extension. Afterwards, liberal amounts of vinegar, more sucking and blowing, and then plenty of X-O Odor Neutralizer. I need to finish putting it back together (after I drop the coilovers to track spec, of course. I mean, hell, I've already got the wheel off and the jack out!). Then, I should be good to go. Thanks again for the help.

-Brad

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.