The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have looked thru search without finding this: yesterday, the turn sigs quit working. Dash light works when mobilizing with the fob, but no responce when using the signal arm. The fuse ( #6) is good, all other lights funtion fine, bulbs amd lamps all good, and pluged in fine. No work going on in dash, etc. I'd guess that the signal arm switch may be the problem, but with only 13K on an '05 seems pretty early for a problem. Any ideas? Tom

·
Registered
836 Posts
It could be that the button for the hazard flashing (on the console) is disconected)

·
Registered
495 Posts
+2

I discovered this issue when I had the center console out and was driving around. As soon as I plugged the hazard switch back in, the turn signals worked again.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love this forum!! I have the console out for adjusting my LETSLA, thank you all for enlightning me!! Tomrev

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank goodness for this forum & this thread! My turn signals stopped working yesterday in mid-blink, and I was baffled. No lights on the dash, no blinking bulbs, nothing. Checked the fuse and it was fine. But the telltales did appear on instrument cluster bootup, so wtf?

Found this thread, though, and remembered the conversation I just had with the amazingly thorough dude who installed my Lotus's new stereo last week. My hazard switch is flaky-- it doesn't pop up on first try because it doesn't really fit in the opening in the console. It needs to be fiddled with. So I fiddled and turned the hazards on & off, and how about that! I have turn signals again.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, as soon as the console and switch were re-installed, all was well. The forum saved me a lot of head scratching!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts