The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove my '17 400 2 weeks ago, returned it to my garage, hooked up the maintainer and left. Today I was going to top off the tank after a ride, will not turn over? no clicks? no noise except for the fuel pump? I hit the inertia switch just in case, still nothing... Any ideas? Thanks

·
Happy To Be Here
812 Posts
Lots of missing information that would help narrow this down. Did you hit unlock on the key to disable the immobilizer? Is the red light flashing on the dash, indicating that the immobilizer is still active? Are the needles sweeping but the car isn't attempting to start? Do you have any electrical power? (I assume yes on that one because you said the fuel pump is humming) What is your battery voltage? (The stock Vartas are known for dying suddenly and after not a long life) How long ago did you change the battery in your key fob?

Those would probably make this slightly easier to diagnose over the internet.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you!
Well I changed the key fob batteries, I bought a new battery, I can't access the fuses in the right foot well, nor can I figure out how to get to the ones in the left rear side. Guess I need a flat bed to take it to MA. here I go again... Hopefully the warranty will help, I'm good till 2021

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I changed the key fob batteries, I bought a new battery, I can't access the fuses in the right foot well, nor can I figure out how to get to the ones in the left rear side. Guess I need a flat bed to take it to MA. here I go again... Hopefully the warranty will help, I'm good till 2021
The immobilizer is not blinking

·
Registered
502 Posts
Does your insurance have roadside assistance? If you don't have the tool, they can send somebody to test your battery. I vaguely remember on my old 2010 NA the varta battery failed but there was still enough juice to make it seem like the battery was still ok. Might be worth it to try. Buying a new battery is a lot more enjoyable than flat bedding to the dealer.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I dropped the old interstate off when I bought the new battery ($180), they told me it kept dropping a cell, I thought that stuff didn't happen anymore. It was a 24 month battery, the Evora is a 17 so with sitting time I guess she was due for a new battery, starts like a new car! Thank you for all the help, keep it on the black top!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts