The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Silver Star in Thousand Oaks has had a beautiful yellow 2003 Esprit sitting out front since I first saw it last August (and who knows when they first got it?). Still there last weekend. Doesn't seem to be a hot item.

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
So, since that old thread, has anyone actually learned the true allocation of their dealer?

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Sure, 5 per for the first 3 months then 8 per month after that. Over a year ago they were guessing around 85 per year. So it sounds like they had a pretty good idea- SVAG (Los Gatos CA).

·
Registered
1,167 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've learned of Autostrada's allocation for first round of deliveries, and I've *heard* of other dealers' allocations, which seem to be different than Autostrada's initial allocation.

I don't have any issues with Autostrada; rather just trying to get a feel for how allocations are determined.

At some point after initial deliveries, my understanding is that allocation is dependent on actual physical inspection of the dealer's facilities, which likely includes a peak at their financial health and other factors.

From the things I heard, it seems that Autstrada is in great shape, and that I may be somewhat fortunate that it is located 1.5 miles from my house and the dealer I'm working with.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Uhuh

frayed said:
At some point after initial deliveries, my understanding is that allocation is dependent on actual physical inspection of the dealer's facilities, which likely includes a peak at their financial health and other factors.
Can you share with us how you gained this understanding?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
From one of the TX dealers. . . it was not provided in confidence, and no further details beyond what I stated above were provided.

For you texans, has Gonzaba stated how many they are getting in their initial allocation?

·
Registered
156 Posts
shay2nak said:
So, since that old thread, has anyone actually learned the true allocation of their dealer?
Didn't ask them that, but I did ask them when to expect my car.

They said November-December (of this year).

I'm #24 at Palm Beach Motor cars, they claim to be one of the bigger dealers in the US.

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
Originally posted by Andreas
Didn't ask them that, but I did ask them when to expect my car. They said November-December (of this year). I'm #24 at Palm Beach Motor cars, they claim to be one of the bigger dealers in the US.
That's weird...I'm #28 at my dealer and the manager told me October/November '04. My dealer is basically a brand new Lotus dealer (Desert Euro). They are operating in conjunction with another dealer (Newport Euro). I'll find out my dealer's allocation on Saturday when I visit. I'll be in the next order batch, that I know for sure. When that is, I don't know...

·
Registered
394 Posts
atyclb said:
they seem to be dodging the question
Gonzaba is also dodging this question.. They will have 2 cars in the first week of may, one customer car and the demo, George Gonzaba told me this last week.... He will not talk about what they are getting after this inital delivery.

Adamp

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Adam P said:
Gonzaba is also dodging this question.. They will have 2 cars in the first week of may, one customer car and the demo, George Gonzaba told me this last week.... He will not talk about what they are getting after this inital delivery.

Adamp
I was referring to Gonzaba dodging actually, not Autostrada

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
Originally posted by atyclb
they seem to be dodging the question
i agree that dealers are being shady about answering this question. I think the dealers that are getting the short end of the stick are being quiet about their allocation so people don't bail out and switch to dealers with larger allocations. Newport was a bit shady, Silver Star said 8 a month, and not sure yet about Desert. It could also be that dealers are being "overly optimistic" about their allocation to keep their customers.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
shay2nak said:
i agree that dealers are being shady about answering this question. I think the dealers that are getting the short end of the stick are being quiet about their allocation so people don't bail out and switch to dealers with larger allocations.
Bingo!

To be honest, I was reaching out a bit for confimation of some of the stuff I heard to make sure my current dealer selection is the right one. . . I'm pretty sure it is.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts