The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading about other people getting cars that are # 7+ in other states, I talked w/ my dealer.

I understand that 2 have been delivered, 2 are due any day now and more "ships are on the water".

How does this stand compared to the other texas dealers?

R
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
I understand that cars are not being delivered to the dealer in any particular order. As the dealer receives notice that a car is heading their way with a certain configuration, the dealer will review its list to see if it fits a customer's order and the first customer on the list with that particular "mix" gets the call. Therefore, one's "customer number" provides, at best, some loose reference point to a window of time when he or she can likely expect a car.

Since I am #26 on my dealer's list, since my order was turned in to Lotus USA in early March, and since I probably have the only combination like mine in the first 30, I am going to gamble that my car will be in before the end of the year. Accordingly, I will start my ad campaign to sell my 911. I have arranged to borrow a friend's Explorer for the interim.

Hope springs eternal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
609 Posts
Uh?

Randy G said:
I understand that cars are not being delivered to the dealer in any particular order. As the dealer receives notice that a car is heading their way with a certain configuration, the dealer will review its list to see if it fits a customer's order and the first customer on the list with that particular "mix" gets the call.
I think most us on this board believe that cars are being built to order by Lotus, that is to say that an individual customer's order is associated with a build number and subsequently a VIN i.e. there is one specific car that is "yours". There seems to be a general consensus emerging that some of this information is being withheld by some dealers for their own business purposes.

Do you have specific information that contradicts this, or is your understanding really conjecture based on the inadequacy of information provided by your dealer?
 

·
Forum Founder
Joined
·
29,083 Posts
Cars are built with the buyer's name attached to them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,374 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Cars are built with the buyer's name attached to them.
They are not however, necessarily built in the exact order as the waiting lists. There appears to be some batching, the LSS cars were held up and are now being expedited, etc., so that it may seem that the cars are arriving in random order.
 

·
Forum Founder
Joined
·
29,083 Posts
TimMullen said:
They are not however, necessarily built in the exact order as the waiting lists. There appears to be some batching, the LSS cars were held up and are now being expedited, etc., so that it may seem that the cars are arriving in random order.
100% agree. I have been told that this will not be the case soon. Cars will be built in the correct order. That remains to be seen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
Texas Dealers

Lotus told me they were 45 days behind. I am #9 at Overseas in Dallas and my build date will be OCtober for November/December delivery.

Randy - I think they are only getting 3 a month. if 9,10,11 are being built in October then you may have a long wait.

Sorry - it sucks - if I get the Noble - do you want to by my Elise :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,985 Posts
Be very careful about selling a car too soon. I'm not really all that unhappy about the process so far as I always knew I'd be in for a big wait. Sure, there are things that I would do differently if I ran the circus but my biggest regret is that I sold my S2000 this past spring thinking my Elise would be here in the fall. I let my worries about selling a convertible quickly in the Seattle rainy season leave me riding the B.O. bus to work. Ugh. Bad move on my part.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was originally told (spring) August delivery.
Then it was changed to September.
Now November.

I started selling my MR2 in april.
Ended selling it a week ago.

Long way to go w/ only 1 vehicle in the family for 3 months!

c'est la vie!

Robert
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
atyclb said:
Autostrada has delivered 7 I think
Per a conversation with Gary Hagen (the gent who runs the Texas area for lcu), autostrada has only revieved 3 cars, 2 customer cars and one demo..

Adam P
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,834 Posts
Adam P said:
Per a conversation with Gary Hagen (the gent who runs the Texas area for lcu), autostrada has only revieved 3 cars, 2 customer cars and one demo..

Adam P
old info?

I've seen pics of 2 red, one black, and one green, with a storm ti spotted as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
atyclb said:
old info?

I've seen pics of 2 red, one black, and one green, with a storm ti spotted as well.
Going by your count, thats maybe 5. The conversation I refered to happened the same day I was informed about the MSRP increase, I guess that was monday? There are alot of people in Austin, is it possible that some of those cars are from other dealers outside of Austin?

The internet rumors are usualy just that, rumors, for now I will belive what lotus tells me... Until 7 people with cars from autostrada post...

Adam P
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
299 Posts
Adam P said:
Going by your count, thats maybe 5. The conversation I refered to happened the same day I was informed about the MSRP increase, I guess that was monday? There are alot of people in Austin, is it possible that some of those cars are from other dealers outside of Austin?

The internet rumors are usualy just that, rumors, for now I will belive what lotus tells me... Until 7 people with cars from autostrada post...

Adam P
Adam, if i remember right aren't you getting your car from Gonzaba in san antonio? If so have you heard anything in the last few days from george or anyone about when delivery will pick up? I spoke with him a few days ago and he knew nothing new. I'm # 38 and george and i guessed at a march delivery> What do you think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
ulmpharmd said:
Adam, if i remember right aren't you getting your car from Gonzaba in san antonio? If so have you heard anything in the last few days from george or anyone about when delivery will pick up? I spoke with him a few days ago and he knew nothing new. I'm # 38 and george and i guessed at a march delivery> What do you think?
I do have a deposite with George at Gonzaba Autoplex. From what I can tell most of the people on georges list ordered the lss package, I think tht is why his delivery numbers are low at thsi time. I personaly am hoping things will pickup when the lss production become a larger percent of the cars made.
That is what I think, not sure about any news from George.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
866 Posts
Adam P said:
Going by your count, thats maybe 5. The conversation I refered to happened the same day I was informed about the MSRP increase, I guess that was monday? There are alot of people in Austin, is it possible that some of those cars are from other dealers outside of Austin?

The internet rumors are usualy just that, rumors, for now I will belive what lotus tells me... Until 7 people with cars from autostrada post...

Adam P
That is just silly. The first car was put up on their website with the new owner. They also recently got 3 cars in their last shipment. All three were in the dealership on display for a time. I know because I saw them. 2 of those cars are still there. Autostrada has delivered what they say they delivered. There is no reason to lie. Again, the dealership experience I have had there has been very impressive, and I am forced to defent their reputation.:D :D It seem as though you heard this from another dealership who was not getting the same type of respect and positive feedback as Autostrada. Perhaps they were trying to downplay their good reputation?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
Mean TT said:
That is just silly. The first car was put up on their website with the new owner. They also recently got 3 cars in their last shipment. All three were in the dealership on display for a time. I know because I saw them. 2 of those cars are still there. Autostrada has delivered what they say they delivered. There is no reason to lie. Again, the dealership experience I have had there has been very impressive, and I am forced to defent their reputation.:D :D It seem as though you heard this from another dealership who was not getting the same type of respect and positive feedback as Autostrada. Perhaps they were trying to downplay their good reputation?
Not to be rude, but did you read my post? I quoted where my info came from, Gary Hagen, the Lotus EMPLOYEE who runs this region for the Texas area. I didnt come here to post my displeasures with any dealership, expecialy one I have never worked with.

I simply repeated the info I was told, and in considering my source I felt strong that my info was right. It may be wrong, it sure as hell would not be the only time I am wrong, but hey, I am one to admit when I am wrong.....

So, 3 cars, 10 cars, it does not concern me personaly as I have no financial interest in Autostrada, or any car company that deals with lotus for that matter. I was answering a question for another member who didnt have the source maybe others of us have.

Adam p
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top