The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THink it's great to be hearing from the dealers and dealer reps. in many cases. Also, clearing up a lot of misinformation and many respects. I hope they continue to participate here so we can have two way flow of information.
Chris:)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Sorry I haven't been posting much for a while. I am sooooo frustrated with Lotus' lack of initative to properly distribute cars to all dealers. I am seriously contemplating the purchase of a used Maserati Coupe CambioCorsa instead!
Again...I apologize for once again venting my frustration:)

·
Registered
963 Posts
A lot of dealers don't know about this site. I think people should get in touch with their dealers and let them know about certain things. That's how Dimmitt got on here. If people don't talk with their dealers, they won't know what's going on. A lot of times if dealers don't talk with us, they might not know things either.

Talk with you dealers and encourage them to post.

I'm telling ya, that's why I have such faith in Dimmitt. I've had nothing bad happen with them and they are very excited about the Elise. :clap: They are great at answering all my question. I know Jeff probably thinks I'm a pain in his butt though. :D

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
My dealer knows about this site but they alos have their own board lotustalk.com. They lurk here all the time. They might post messages here but don't identify themselves as reps.

We're a difficult bunch so kudos to those who already post and ID themselves as reps of their respective dealers. I'm glad more dealers are posting.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Carver,
Don't buy the Maser, they'll probably evaporate from the US just like they did two or three times before. ALthough maybe with Fiat ownership they've got more chance!

Chris

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Canyon Carver said:
Sorry I haven't been posting much for a while. I am sooooo frustrated with Lotus' lack of initative to properly distribute cars to all dealers. I am seriously contemplating the purchase of a used Maserati Coupe CambioCorsa instead!
OMG! About two weeks ago, I was thinking the exact same thing!!! Scottsdale Lotus has a really nice '02 Coupe for $67. It had the nicest interior of all the Masers I've seen.

Unfortunately, when we came down to number, the Elise was still a better way to go.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
My dealer also lurks on the site also.

Personally, I think it's great to have dealers participate, but in all honestly, I think it's more trouble from them that it's worth because they become the object of irate customers or frustrated waiters.

·
Registered
247 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
Carver,
Don't buy the Maser, they'll probably evaporate from the US just like they did two or three times before. ALthough maybe with Fiat ownership they've got more chance!

Chris
:no: not this time...Ferrari did this car justice and it's about time Maserati has a GT car that can truely compete with the rest of the automotive world. I took a new Coupe Corsa on a driving tour over the Mememorial Day weekend, put over 800 miles on the car, most of it with three people, sometimes four and never had a single problem.
Maserati ain't going nowhere but up ;)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
OMG! About two weeks ago, I was thinking the exact same thing!!! Scottsdale Lotus has a really nice '02 Coupe for $67.
Hey Allan, if you look around a bit you can find them in the low $50s;)
If I had $70k to spend I wouldn't have had an interest in the Elise in the first place, but $50-55k? Now it's very hard to resist.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Canyon Carver said:
Hey Allan, if you look around a bit you can find them in the low $50s;)
Thanks. I found a few that were in the low $60s. But right now, I'm only thee months away from my delivery. I think I can make it! ;)

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
I know at least 2 people from FVMC read this board... though I wouldn't blame them for not posting anymore after being attacked for having the balls to explain how they do business.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
The Maserati coupe is a slick car...

Seemed even more "comfy" than my BMW when I was in one though... and that's the opposite of what I want in a car. I'd definitely consider going that route if I was looking for a nice daily driver GT though.

·
Registered
739 Posts
MikeAR303 said:
I know at least 2 people from FVMC read this board... though I wouldn't blame them for not posting anymore after being attacked for having the balls to explain how they do business.
Well when there are dealers on here behaving in an exemplory manner, making a legitimate profit by delivering cars to customers on their list, I kinda think FVMC did themselves the disservice, not us.

:huh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts