The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that ever other day I learn of some new option I had no idea existed. Here is a place where we can list all the options we know of with prices. I’ll start…

Clear-Bra - $995
Alloy Trim - $116
High Intensity Bulbs $27 - $32- $34
Stage II Exhaust - $614

Anyone else care to shed more light on available dealer installed options?
:)

·
Registered
970 Posts
Derek said:
It seems that ever other day I learn of some new option I had no idea existed. Here is a place where we can list all the options we know of with prices. I’ll start…

Clear-Bra - $995
Alloy Trim - $116
High Intensity Bulbs $27 - $32- $34
Stage II Exhaust - $614

Anyone else care to shed more light on available dealer installed options?
:)

For HID bulbs, you are talking only aboutbublts but not ballast right?...hence it isnt a true HID system is it?. I would think true HID system would add 500.00-800.00. Any pics of alloy trim?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
_JD_ said:
Front "Elise" plate- $80
Leather center console cover- $?
Stage 1 exhaust- $?

I think the Front "Elise" plate is part of the alloy trim package.

For HID bulbs, you are talking only aboutbublts but not ballast right?...hence it isnt a true HID system is it?. I would think true HID system would add 500.00-800.00. Any pics of alloy trim?
My dealer said it was three bulbs each side. I don't think it is true HID but should be pretty bright and save a bit of weight over HIDs. I have not see any pictures of the alloy trim package... Anyone else got pictures?

·
Registered
724 Posts
i want to know about supercharger it keeps coming up in the forum they do have, they dont have, they do ,they dont. do they or dont they? and how much. and no i dont care if it voids the waranty i never had anyhing break that wasnt my fault.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
hogfan said:
i want to know about supercharger it keeps coming up in the forum they do have, they dont have, they do ,they dont. do they or dont they?
No one knows if there's any truth to that rumor. However, since TRD has a history of supercharging most Toyota motors, it's a safe bet that TRD is probably working on one for this motor. If that's the case, I think there's a decent chance that Lotus would adapt it to fit the Elise (and/or be heavily involved in the R&D), as it would give the model a nice boost (no pun intended) in popularity and make it an even more incredible machine (not to mention increase company profits!).

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Here's the list that I got from the local parts manager, he's got quite a few other items but he hasn't been able to break the codes... TBD.

* Stage I Exhaust 24 lbs 97db $550

* Stage II Exhaust 10lb lighter then stock 105db $695
Both are Cat back systems, no price with install, yet.

* Precut clear bra kit from Lotus $256, sounded like full front, keyhole and fuel filler - stock.

* Alloy Sills (3pcs) $145

* Removable steering wheel - no air bag, track only.

* Fire extinguisher

* Seat belt pads

* Forged Wheel- not sure most likely from the sport pack

* Hardtop Storage Bag

* Car Covers- indoor, black, $346, all weather, silver $224- in stock.

* Shower cap- Black, $137

* Boot Tidy- think large zip lock bag mounts in trunk along engine firewall. $45

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LarryB said:
Here's the list that I got from the local parts manager, he's got quite a few other items but he hasn't been able to break the codes... TBD.

* Stage I Exhaust 24 lbs 97db $550

* Stage II Exhaust 10lb lighter then stock 105db $695
Both are Cat back systems, no price with install, yet.
The Stage II exhaust is 34lbs lighter than stock (10lbs lighter than the Stage I).
105db sound very high. Are you sure of this number for the Stage II?

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Derek said:
The Stage II exhaust is 34lbs lighter than stock (10lbs lighter than the Stage I).
105db sound very high. Are you sure of this number for the Stage II?
Yeap, he's checking into how the sound level is measured, typically you'd get a -6 db drop as you double the distance.

Are you sure about the weight difference stage II to stock, 34 lbs is quite a bit?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
LarryB said:
Are you sure about the weight difference stage II to stock, 34 lbs is quite a bit?
Yeah, my dealer quoted this number to me late last week. I thought I had heard wrong until I saw the same number being posted by others here.
34lbs is a big difference, however it's the sound level that worries me... I don't want a pleasant drive to turn into an ear-bleeding event. I hope the Stage II is not uncomfortably loud at highway speeds as I ordered it with my car.
:confused:

·
Registered
186 Posts
WOA! That black car cover looks like a big wet suit! That's awesome!

I'm curious as to why dealers either a) don't have this info yet or b) aren't informing there clients about them? If they're all dealer installed options then I guess we have some time to order them but if anything comes from the factory we might get screwed.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Then I'd guess we've got the weight of the exhaust systems:

Stock- 48lbs
Stage I - 24lbs
Stage II - 14 lbs

Suspect the sound level is done WOT right off the tips. Did a bit of checking in CA we're allowed 82 db at 50 feet, so that stage II would only be at 81db, street legal(if 105db is at the tips). Derek at highway speeds, stock the noise level is likely to be in the high 70db range, don't think the stageII exhaust will be too bad, till you open it up. :D

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
My dealer already has the car covers, shoulder pads, a wheel, brake pads ($400 for a full set! But I've got that problem solved... anybody want a set of oem brake pads 10% off list? Brand new in the box, only used for measurement purposes.), wheel locks, boot tidy, and all of the swag, like pens, keychains, umbrellas, videos, models, etc.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
LarryB said:
Then I'd guess we've got the weight of the exhaust systems:

Stock- 48lbs
Stage I - 24lbs
Stage II - 14 lbs

Suspect the sound level is done WOT right off the tips. Did a bit of checking in CA we're allowed 82 db at 50 feet, so that stage II would only be at 81db, street legal(if 105db is at the tips). Derek at highway speeds, stock the noise level is likely to be in the high 70db range, don't think the stageII exhaust will be too bad, till you open it up. :D
I was told by Nick Adams at the HRM get-together that the stage II was LOUD and that if you like your neighbors, you probably shouldn't get it. I will probably get it....:D

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
48 pounds for a stock exhaust can't be right. That is very heavy.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ivan1 said:
I was told by Nick Adams at the HRM get-together that the stage II was LOUD and that if you like your neighbors, you probably shouldn't get it. I will probably get it....:D
Yeah, I opted to get it; neighbors don't worry me. But I like my hearing too. I wish it was installed on one of the press cars so we could have gotten some feedback form someone here.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Having seen pics of the stock exhaust system, I'd agree with you Randy. Haven't seen the Stage II, while 14lbs would be very nice, not sure if they've really got it that low.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
I can imagine 14 pounds as possible. A simple straight pipe past the cat and a Supertrapp style exhaust could be under 10 pounds. My MR2 exhaust was. But I doubt Lotus wants to sell an exhaust made with lightweight flex pipe. :)

The stock exhaust in the MKII MR2 is not small and it's not light. It is a beast really. And I think it's around 30 pounds.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts