·
Registered
6,301 Posts
LarryB said:
Then I'd guess we've got the weight of the exhaust systems:

Stock- 48lbs
Stage I - 24lbs
Stage II - 14 lbs

Suspect the sound level is done WOT right off the tips. Did a bit of checking in CA we're allowed 82 db at 50 feet, so that stage II would only be at 81db, street legal(if 105db is at the tips). Derek at highway speeds, stock the noise level is likely to be in the high 70db range, don't think the stageII exhaust will be too bad, till you open it up. :D
I was told by Nick Adams at the HRM get-together that the stage II was LOUD and that if you like your neighbors, you probably shouldn't get it. I will probably get it....:D

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Standard exhaust is rated at 93dB.

Both Stock and Stage 1 are 25 pounds.

Stage 2 is about 15 pounds and 105dB and for competition use only (not for street).

surprised that stage 1 is not lighter than stock. I thought they had said any performance gain from stage 1 was related only to difference in weight as the stock exhaust was already optimized.Would that mean there is no performance gain from stage 1, just a better sound????

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Randy Chase said:

Perhaps they will surprise me and throw a free ballcap in my car.

:)

If they won't, I will.....I ordered the Lotus Sport cap from the UK - tried it on, but didn't like the way it looked (I never have looked good in baseball caps - something about the shape of my head I think:D ).It has never been worn - its all yours - just PM me an address to send it.....

regarding the black wheels - maybe you guys will have more luck than I did.....
http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1877

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
_JD_ said:
Oh- sorry. I don't recall seeing any pics of the sill to date.
what is the longer aluminum piece in this pic? looks like something that could go on the sill.....

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.