The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Here's the list that I got from the local parts manager, he's got quite a few other items but he hasn't been able to break the codes... TBD.

* Stage I Exhaust 24 lbs 97db $550

* Stage II Exhaust 10lb lighter then stock 105db $695
Both are Cat back systems, no price with install, yet.

* Precut clear bra kit from Lotus $256, sounded like full front, keyhole and fuel filler - stock.

* Alloy Sills (3pcs) $145

* Removable steering wheel - no air bag, track only.

* Fire extinguisher

* Seat belt pads

* Forged Wheel- not sure most likely from the sport pack

* Hardtop Storage Bag

* Car Covers- indoor, black, $346, all weather, silver $224- in stock.

* Shower cap- Black, $137

* Boot Tidy- think large zip lock bag mounts in trunk along engine firewall. $45

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Derek said:
The Stage II exhaust is 34lbs lighter than stock (10lbs lighter than the Stage I).
105db sound very high. Are you sure of this number for the Stage II?
Yeap, he's checking into how the sound level is measured, typically you'd get a -6 db drop as you double the distance.

Are you sure about the weight difference stage II to stock, 34 lbs is quite a bit?

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Then I'd guess we've got the weight of the exhaust systems:

Stock- 48lbs
Stage I - 24lbs
Stage II - 14 lbs

Suspect the sound level is done WOT right off the tips. Did a bit of checking in CA we're allowed 82 db at 50 feet, so that stage II would only be at 81db, street legal(if 105db is at the tips). Derek at highway speeds, stock the noise level is likely to be in the high 70db range, don't think the stageII exhaust will be too bad, till you open it up. :D

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Having seen pics of the stock exhaust system, I'd agree with you Randy. Haven't seen the Stage II, while 14lbs would be very nice, not sure if they've really got it that low.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
The number I'd dug up was a 6db drop for every doubling of distance. So in the case of the Stage II at 105db, at 75 ft I'd guess it'll be a good 27 db down.

From what I'd heard early on stage I was better looking, nicer tips. 4db will be noticeable but fairly minor gain is sound level but no real preformance gain.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Sounds like LSD is getting close. IF everything falls into place, is there a tentative availability date or pricing? Believe they were shotting for very early next year.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
mikester, dug up the spec as to how exhuast system noise levels are measured, 20" off the pipe. In CA the legal limit is 82 dBa at 50 feet. For the stage II at 105dBa at the tips, that comes out to 81dBa, at least for noise it's street legal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.