The Lotus Cars Community banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
The leather console is optional, I saw one, didn't really grab, rather see something done in carbon fibre to replace the original although it's a low priority, I like the interior just the way it is.
Chris

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,951 Posts
Does anyone know what the alloy trim pieces actually cover?

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Randy,

Don't forget the induction noise... above 6200 rpm with the flapper open in the intake it's pretty loud, as loud or nearly as loud as the stock exhaust.

I'm sure you've seen folks blackflagged for excessive noise, then slap on mufflers and still get flagged. I happened to me on my Seven. I was running open intake trumpets and the Weber induction noise was causing me to max the dB meter. I ended up making an air box and removing the larger muffler I had put on.

Kiyoshi

·
shay2nak
25,205 Posts
i hope the stage 2 doesn't sound like a fart cannon. I hope stage 1 doesn't either. I think stage 1 looks way better.

No info on black rims or black diffusers?

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
shay2nak said:

No info on black rims or black diffusers?
Not on diffusers.

According to Lotus UK-

"We would be happy to add black rims as an option, if enough people wanted them."

That means you would have to let Lotus USA know that there is a demand for them. Really, right now... it may not be a good time to bring up more options.

LSD is still in work. They are working out negotiations with the supplier.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
So if black wheels can be made available if enough people want them, then how exactly do we make that clear? Start a thread here on Elise Talk and see how many people would take black wheels?

I don't see any other way of communicating our desire for black wheels to them. Randy, you better be receiving a paycheck from Lotus. Apparently you and your site has become the only source to relay credible info to and from Lotus, be it a willing partner or not!

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Are the stage 1 and stage 2 made out of stainless steel?

From the pictures I have seen of 111r's the regular exhaust doesnt seem to be. I know that outside companies are also going to be making sport exhausts so I plan on waiting to see what is available.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Donovan said:
Randy, you better be receiving a paycheck from Lotus. Apparently you and your site has become the only source to relay credible info to and from Lotus, be it a willing partner or not!
I would be happy to just get my car.

I appreciate your post though. It is a bit of work, and it's not been as easy as it could have been, considering the lines of communication being what they are.

Perhaps they will surprise me and throw a free ballcap in my car.

:)

A new thread about black rims would be a good start.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Randy Chase said:

Perhaps they will surprise me and throw a free ballcap in my car.

:)

If they won't, I will.....I ordered the Lotus Sport cap from the UK - tried it on, but didn't like the way it looked (I never have looked good in baseball caps - something about the shape of my head I think:D ).It has never been worn - its all yours - just PM me an address to send it.....

regarding the black wheels - maybe you guys will have more luck than I did.....
http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1877

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Actually, I can't wear ball caps. Well, I can, but it causes women to laugh and children to run away. Maybe they can send me some black LSS rims instead. If they have any laying around. We can hope.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
funny thiing happened in georgia a few weeks back. I rented a convertible for a week and low and behold, my hair is thinning. It's thinning enough that my scalpe got sun burn! Do you know how tough it is to try to put sun tan lotion on your scalp!? I'm not baldning, just thinning (maybe I'm just saying this to make myself feel better). Needless to say that a ball cap will be standard driving gear for my Elise.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
I would love to know where that 105 dB is measured at. My BMW race car with straight pipes puts out 105dB... you need ear plugs even with a helmet.

It's great to see that a dealer has some of these optional dealer items on the shelf, looks like Lotus at least delivered something.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Based on reviews by others, I will be looking at a Tilley Hat.

http://www.tilley.com/home.asp?countryCode=US

I may still look like a total dork, but I will be a well shaded total dork.
That's my favored convertible driving hat. Covers the (very) thin spot and the ears. Makes me feel about twenty years older, so I turn up the radio to compensate.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,461 Posts
I believe the Stage 2 will have two tips and not one large tip.

Black LSS wheels were shown on an Exige recently. Very sinister. I'm sure they'll become available....eventually!

41 - 60 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.