The Lotus Cars Community banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
MickOpalak said:
Does anyone know what the alloy trim pieces actually cover?
What he said.

I'm supposed to call back about the whether I want the clear bra soon. I like the elise front plate, and I know that some protection on the sills would be good, but I don't know what actually is covered by them... does anyone have pictures?

·
Registered
2,438 Posts

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
_JD_ said:
Oh- sorry. I don't recall seeing any pics of the sill to date.
what is the longer aluminum piece in this pic? looks like something that could go on the sill.....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
yup, that almost certainly is it. The small piece looks like the front number plate cover, so I'd assume the other pieces are the sill pieces.

They aren't going to cover very much are they? hmm. how I really don't know whether I want them or not...

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Sill pieces would hinder and easy slide style entry into the car unless the piece was recessed into the sill. Seems like your back side would rub on the edges of the pieces when you sit and slide into the cockpit.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
ringmeister said:
I would love to know where that 105 dB is measured at. My BMW race car with straight pipes puts out 105dB... you need ear plugs even with a helmet.

Gary,

I hear ya, My BMW race car makes over 105db's at the intake. I had it on the dyno last week and my intake was louder than my exhaust. At 8,000RPM's everyone had to get out of the building.

I really don't think some the folks on this list have a clue of what 105db's really sounds like. I doubt Lotus will ever make a muffler that loud not unless it's for race track use only and even then some tracks don't even allow over 100db!!!!!

Mitch ( still smiling and shaking my head )

Attachments

·
Registered
493 Posts
Wonder what the dB's are if you put your head between your avitar, huggy bear?

May I volunteer for the job?

I'll be in Vegas in 2 weeks, so I'll be able to do a little research on my own!

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
mikester, dug up the spec as to how exhuast system noise levels are measured, 20" off the pipe. In CA the legal limit is 82 dBa at 50 feet. For the stage II at 105dBa at the tips, that comes out to 81dBa, at least for noise it's street legal.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Next question. At what throttle level?

·
Registered
23 Posts
MattG said:
No one knows if there's any truth to that rumor. However, since TRD has a history of supercharging most Toyota motors, it's a safe bet that TRD is probably working on one for this motor. If that's the case, I think there's a decent chance that Lotus would adapt it to fit the Elise (and/or be heavily involved in the R&D), as it would give the model a nice boost (no pun intended) in popularity and make it an even more incredible machine (not to mention increase company profits!).
Don't hold your breath. the 1ZZ might have a supercharger from TRD but you can only get that on the Corolla and Matrix, you woulld think they would have made a kit that applies to their other 1ZZ engined car too, the MR2. But so far from reading the MR2 boards there is not even any rumors of TRD addapting a kit for it. The supercharger was designed initially for the Matrix, a far from sporty car. Plus you're only talking a 36max HP gain, with a gain of 40HP at other areas of the curve on an engine with a compression ratio below the 2ZZ. Even if there was a SC for it made by TRD you're probably not talking much HP gain for them to maintain reliability to allow it to stay within Toyota warranty which they do with all their products.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.