The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anybody give me some advice on what i can do. my dealer called and my car showed up today but they forgot to add the starshield :mad:

where can i get a good install of this done at a fairly reasonable cost. i will probably only do the VERY proned areas like the rear side flairs in front of the rear wheels, the nose and front of hood and the backs of the rear wheels.

thanks in advance

regards
george

oh and i also made myself a cool lotus license plate frame already. i will post pics soon :D

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Follow this thread, there some info about at least two companies offering it.

http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5872

Edit:

Note, those are not the lotus logo ones but they are the same material, but might be a different cut.

Did you ask your dealer if they can do it? and if they can't I bet they can tell you where they can do it in your area.

·
Registered
179 Posts
If you happen to be up near Charlotte anytime, give Steve Treece a shout:

UltraShield of Charlotte, Inc.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
I wouldn't even suggest driving the car off the dealer's lot without some sort of protection on the sides... especially after hearing the constant barrage of rocks and dirt hitting the sides of my car while driving.

You could always use some of the tape that people use for autocrossing/track events temporarily.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MikeAR303 said:
I wouldn't even suggest driving the car off the dealer's lot without some sort of protection on the sides... especially after hearing the constant barrage of rocks and dirt hitting the sides of my car while driving.

You could always use some of the tape that people use for autocrossing/track events temporarily.
yes i know that is why i am going to have them deliver it to me in a trailer.

thanks for the info guys!!!

george

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
MGW said:
can anybody give me some advice on what i can do. my dealer called and my car showed up today but they forgot to add the starshield :mad:
Your dealer almost certainly has a local contact for this and can get the work done for you.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Re: Re: Dealer Forgot To Add Starshield And Car Is Here>>

MattG said:
Your dealer almost certainly has a local contact for this and can get the work done for you.
I agree. My dealer told me that Lotus will send a rep to do any required warranty repairs to Starshield. If that is the case they should be able to send someone to do an installation. The Lotus option is a very nice, complete installation that covers many areas of the car, including the rear.
RD

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Starshield Carl on the east coast was a master at putting the film on my car.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Give Starshield a call, ask for Ryan, see if they can arrange to send an installer to your Lotus dealer.

866.NO.CHIPS

Chris

·
Registered
314 Posts
If the dealer screwed up, let them take the responsibility and get a local Starshield rep to do it. Then it should be covered by your Lotus warranty, and judging from recent posts, you may need to take them up on it!

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Is the starshield installed when the cars come in at the port in SC or in Brunswick GA processing plant?

Since you are in GA. maybe you could bring your car to them if it isnt too far away and they could do it there.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Starshield installed at Brunswick,
As I said, call Star shield, have them arrange a tech to be at your dealer.

Chris

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
just wanted to let you guys know that Matheny and lotus are taking care of the situation. i am VERY impressed how quickly both lotus and my dealer worked together and got this resolved. i will have about a week delay for delivery but thats no biggie. they will have the starshield installed and a full warranty.

i doubt that i would get this kind of fast service from most other car manufacturers. thumbs up to both matheny and lotus!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

regards
george

·
Registered
129 Posts
Starshield Warranty labor now excluded?

Hi George,

The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago when my car was delivered. There was a screw-up somewhere in the order process and the car arrived without Starshield. The dealer offered some of the other products (at a lower price) but I insisted on the SS. No complaints about the application although I found it very interesting that the written guarantee only covered the material (apparently warranty labor is NOT covered). The written material on this exclusion was on small adhesive labels that modified the existing written warranty. I asked if this was changed for me and they said all the SS warranties are now like that.....:shrug: Check your paperwork. Maybe others can verify this....

Glenn

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
I originally said I was getting the starshield and then cancelled as a form of protest due to the price increase. I noticed that my car did not have the standard little piece that goes alongside the rear wheels that comes with non-starshiled cars. Some people said that Lotus is not installing it and that it is in the trunk, but I didnt see it there.

Interestingly, I was at the dealer today noticed that car #299 was there and had the piece installed, but my car which is less than 5 numbers higher and came in a few days later didnt have it.

Was car #300 the cutoff for installation? Or since I think since this car was on the lot and looked like it was for sale, does the dealer have to install the protection for the wheel arches separately?
Should I have gotten the standard protection, or do new cars come without? OFL, we are awaitng you report on the changes.

BTW: I had new speaker grills installed, and now mine dont rattle.
:clap:
They look the same as the other ones, but the service person said when they ship the cars over they have a piece over this area and when it gets removed it sometimes popped the covers off, so I dont know if it was heat related or not.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts