The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Parts Finder
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In North Hollywood for a few days and thought I’d check out the local Lotus dealer, Galpin....they sold their last Lotus 2 weeks ago and will no longer sell them. They didn’t even have a T-shirt. Does anyone know if Lotus of Orange County is worth the drive. Just looking to view a few cars and pick up some Lotus apparel.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
Wow. I get my car serviced there. What affect does this have on that?

I’m not driving to LA for service. I had a dealer 5 min from my house for some years when I bought my car and they closed.

This is ridiculous.

·
Parts Finder
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Crazy, Orange County has 5 new Evora’s In stock. You would think they would try a little harder. Guess they are looking for high end clients 200k+

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
I’m at Galpin right now. They are not dumping Lotus. They have new car coming in in fall and said Lotus is growing now that Geely has acquired Lotus.
Thank God.

Reactions: XHILR8N!

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
What "new car" is that? Fall is just over 5 months away. Who did you talk to? :scratchhead:
Must be the Evora GT430. Justin & Eric.

·
Parts Finder
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Girl I talked to up stairs was quite sure they were no longer going to carry Lotus. I’ll call the dealer tomorrow and confirm.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Just visited the Lotus dealer/service center in Dallas, TX and they did not want to offer an extended warranty on my vehicle and suggested I get it serviced there ASAP because they are going to stop carrying all Lotus vehicles. Hopefully Lotus of Austin is doing well!! They also needed me to leave the vehicle for a week because they only have one Lotus tech and he also works on Mclaren. I requested new fluids/filters & ECU/TCU updates.

·
Illegal Alien
5,140 Posts
Girl I talked to up stairs was quite sure they were no longer going to carry Lotus. I’ll call the dealer tomorrow and confirm.
As lotus is jumping from 2018 to 2020 model years she is probably confussed as no 2019 will be carried. 2020 GT's should start arriving later this summer.

·
Illegal Alien
5,140 Posts
Just visited the Lotus dealer/service center in Dallas, TX and they did not want to offer an extended warranty on my vehicle and suggested I get it serviced there ASAP because they are going to stop carrying all Lotus vehicles. Hopefully Lotus of Austin is doing well!! They also needed me to leave the vehicle for a week because they only have one Lotus tech and he also works on Mclaren. I requested new fluids/filters & ECU/TCU updates.
Sports Car World is taking on service work in the Dallas region, including stuff from Park Place.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Just booked an appointment with Sports Car World Dallas and can't wait to see their shop!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts