The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gang,

Is it possible to have the dealer install the LSS components after the original build? I read in another post about a dealer installing the LSS, but thought it only came from the factory. Any insight?

The reason I ask is I'm thinking about paying a premium to get a car sooner than later, and most cars that are available are non-LSS. I would like the LSS package, and if it is available from the dealer post-purchase, it would be great.

Thanks!

Chris

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I know that AutoEurope put the LSS on their demo car themselves. I'm sure that it can be done and was told it's not too bad a job, but expect to pay dearly for it.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
ChrisStarrUSA said:
Anybody know the cost?

Thanks!
Call Aaron Waterman at Auto Europe. I've been extremely pleased with the way he's handled my questions to this point. Their number is: 248-645-6300. Last I heard their over-msrp cars weren't as far over msrp as some of the other numbers that have been bandied about.
No financial interest. Just a satisfied deposit holder.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I'm getting it quoted right now from Rothrock. They promised an answer by Friday. Keep in mind that a lot of the cost is in wheels and tires. I want them to do the suspension work and adjust the camber at the same time; then I plan to buy SSRs and Hoosiers for autoXing, using my LTS wheels for street driving.

I don't think the cost will be all that bad, unless it's in the dampers. If so, I'm skipping swapping out the dampers for now.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Why not just buy an LSS car at market instead of going through the trouble of having the dealer install it onto a non LSS car you bought at market. Your total amount will probably be the same either way, but at least when you buy a factory installed LSS car you know it's set up correctly and you'll have your LSS set up sooner. Who knows when Hethel will send the LSS package.

Non LSS Car @ market ~ 48K
LSS Package/Install ~ 5K
Total ~ 53K

I'm sure you can buy an LSS car at market for 53K (non lifestyle paint)

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
It's EZ to change from LTS to LSS and vice versa. The suspension changes are dampers, springs and rack spacers.

The springs and rack spacers are not expensive.

For SCCA stock Autocross you can run any damper you'd like.

I plan to get nice aftermarket dampers, the Lotus springs and rack shims and either Lotus or SSR wheels.

Don't forget that you wind up with an extra set of wheels and tires here which can be kept or sold to make up the cost difference.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Stan said:
It's EZ to change from LTS to LSS and vice versa. The suspension changes are dampers, springs and rack spacers.

The springs and rack spacers are not expensive.
From my internet experience :rolleyes:, changing out the rack spacer is non-trivial.

That said, I'd probably do it myself rather than pay the dealer to do it.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I would sure be interesed in what the wheels would cost, I need a set for autocross and like the looks of them versus the SSRs.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
James, I posted it somewhere, but they are a little over $450 each.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I guess the issue comes up because it seems so much easier to find the color combo I'm looking for on a non-LSS car, simply because there are far fewer LSS cars on the market. Seems like 80% of the cars for sale are simply touring package. I want a StTi, w/touring, w/LSS, and have not seen any for sale. But I've seen multiple StTi's with touring, Non-LSS.

Chris

1 - 14 of 14 Posts