The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Told me they are building my car next week and wanted to know if I want the star shield or not.

Not.

But I should have my car around the first of the year!!!

G

·
Matheny called me too, Joe!

They must be catching up on orders at the factory.

This is good news.

Hopefully our cars will come before January 1st, so we can deduct the sales tax on our IRS return for 2004!

:clap:

·
Registered
156 Posts
kellzey said:
Matheny called me too, Joe!

They must be catching up on orders at the factory.

This is good news.

Hopefully our cars will come before January 1st, so we can deduct the sales tax on our IRS return for 2004!

:clap:
Yep, 2004 is the last year you can do that.

Mine is supposedly being built right around now. Hope to have it very very soon.

G

·
2004 is the last year?

This has to do with the legislation Bush signed a few weeks ago.

Floridians can now deduct sales tax paid on their annual tax return. It is for 2004 and 2005.

Unless something changed...

·
Registered
91 Posts
I was just called also from my dealer here in CA. It's too soon for me though. I want my car in Feb/Mar. He's going down his list. He must be up to #43 now.

Barry

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Hmm no call for my car. Kellzey- curious if they told you to expect your #23 before the new year?

G

·
They told me Christmas might be something reasonable to expect, but not guaranteed.

They said their call to me was initiated by a call from the factory to them.

I have read on these forums that the factory makes cars in color batches, so your car may be on a different time schedule based on colors and options.

Regards,

Karl

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
kellzey said:
They told me Christmas might be something reasonable to expect, but not guaranteed.

They said their call to me was initiated by a call from the factory to them.

I have read on these forums that the factory makes cars in color batches, so your car may be on a different time schedule based on colors and options.

Regards,

Karl
Thanks Kellzey- Matheny just got VINS for #9, 10, and 11 and I'm #12. Hoping to get mine in your same time frame as you, so I just thought I'd ask for some clarification. Are you in the Jax area? It seems all the listers are from elsewhere.

Jim

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
Just put my final $$ down today...build date in December... Should have it for the biggest snowstorm in January.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Joecooool said:
Told me they are building my car next week and wanted to know if I want the star shield or not.

Not.

But I should have my car around the first of the year!!!

Could be we'll have neighboring VINs. LB & touring and told it's to build this month -- but nothing more detailed.

·
Registered
538 Posts
kellzey said:

Question re: sales tax deduction for anyone who knows ...

The IRS site says this:

Sales Tax Deduction_— Taxpayers who itemize deductions will have a choice of claiming a state and local tax deduction for either sales or income taxes on their 2004 and 2005 returns. The IRS will provide optional tables for use in determining the deduction amount, relieving taxpayers of the need to save receipts throughout the year. Sales taxes paid on motor vehicles and boats may be added to the table amount, but only up to the amount paid at the general sales tax rate. Taxpayers will check a box on Schedule A, Itemized Deductions,_to indicate whether their deduction is for sales or income taxes.

So, does that mean that you can only claim one or the other of state income tax OR sales tax? That's the way it sounds ...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts