The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked him if it had all colors including the lifestyle's and he says yes. He said compared to Jaguar charts, this one is really good. Going to pick up now.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
_JD_ said:
Photo upcoming can't scan until tomorrow
-Can't you break into the dealership and give us th pictures now? If need be, we will all chip in to bail you out of jail and that will only be necessary if you're caught.

·
purveyor of lightness
4,160 Posts
_JD_ said:
Photo upcoming can't scan until tomorrow
Must...get...confirmation...that..."Graphite Gray"...is...the...same...as...Lexus..."Graphite Gray Pearl"...with...lots...of...metallic...flakes...and...crushed...pearl...in...the...paint... ;)

Some people "confirmed it" some people won't...

(scan please!)

;)

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
_JD_, thanks for the pic.

May have missed it earlier, don't recall Navy leather being offered. Also laser blue isn't shown. Suppose if it's going to be only for a limited time, they may not have bothered?

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On my monitor:

Nightfall is a bit darker than shows- medium to light metallic

Storm ti has the most metallic flake- accurate in photo

KG "kicks a little more, but is almost flat- barely any metallic almost as flat as saffron

Graphite is very blue- medium metallic, may look pearl in scale, but the size of the metallic flecs are the same density as Arctic Silver- as blue as it looks in the photo

Bordeaux is close, but its flat- very little metallic

CO- light met. like bordeaux

Magnetic is darker than the photo shows- rich and very nice- med/light metallic

Saffron is a bit "orangy" pretty close in the photo

Interior colors look pretty bad- they are not samples but just like a color copy on the paper- don't look black or blue on the sheet.

Ardent is close- pretty accurate

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Imagine that, Lotus actually has provided us with something concrete instead of having us speculate all the time! Based on the chart, ST is definately my color!!!

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Starlight black has very distinct silver flecks, but they're spaced pretty far apart compared to the other metallics- you can't see the flecks in the photo.

·
Registered
24 Posts
So does this mean Laser Blue isnt being offered?

Any is Bordeaux Red Pearl or not Pearl?

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry, my comments are moot now that I posted a different photo w/ better focus. You can get the idea though.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Bordeaux Red looks flat and yuchy. I hope mine doesn't look like that in real life, or I'll be taking it to MAACO within weeks :(

I want a metallic paint, like my little avatar over there <<<<<

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
CarreraScott said:
So does this mean Laser Blue isnt being offered?
Since it was a late addition, and is said to be available for a very limited time, I guess it isn't on the color chart...

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
I commend JD for putting this pic online, but this is a poor digital photo of a color chart that we're all viewing through uncalibrated computer monitors. On my monitors (I've tested the pic on two LCDs and one CRT), the magnetic blue, midnight blue, purple, black and bordeaux red look almost identical: like muddy, faded black with only the slightest of color tint. Also, isn't storm titantium darker than arctic silver? On my monitors, it appears lighter.

But, hey, the good news is that this chart is being sent to dealers!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts