The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
I know for a fact there isn't a dealer or shop that doesn't.. I work at a Mercedes BMW Lexus and caddilac.. BMW has the m's caddys have the ctv Mercedes has amg.. The techs I see beat on them.. Even the porters.. Last week I saw the (team leader) of BMW with a m5 v10 redline every gear with it was on the lift.. Usally I wouldn't care.. But he just started the car from sitting there for two days after he did it.. No warm up time and did this three times.. What a douchebag.. If the car was meant to b drivin fast it's going too.. Dnt say you wouldn't caus I'd call liar..

·
Such Administrating
6,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know for a fact there isn't a dealer or shop that doesn't..
I disagree.

I've been in dealers for the past 7 years. I was also a tech for about 5 of those.

I will admit there was one time I beat on a brand new 911 turbo, but that because the customer complained of a CEL coming on and off while racing a ferrari, so he told me to drive it in such as fashion. I was like: :coolnana:

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
GoPro needs to record an action series of performance cars dropped off for an inspection at dealers. I suspect it would become an internet hit. "GoPro... Because you can never be sure of what happens when you are not around".

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm with you Addertooth, who has suggestions on where to "hide" a mic in the Lotus, though? Behind the seat maybe? Not a ton of room to work with.

A GoPro would be awesome, but the tech would just turn it off -- or the battery would die.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Sick. I trust Lotus of Plano to not do such a thing or ask me beforehand if they can to try and figure out a problem.

I think I would be doing everything I could to get a new car at that point.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
You put it behind the grill, power it from the car battery. Put in a 16Gig card in the gopro, run a microphone connection into the passenger cabin. Start the camera, drop it off at the dealer. (edit, oh, and put black tape over the flashing red recording light to avoid drawing unwanted attention, alternatively, put the microphone in the engine compartment; your engine does not have the "reasonable expectation of privacy").

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
I go to the same shop every time. They know me and I am on good
terms with everyone there.
In my experience dealing with lower end dealerships, they don't
give a sh$t about you after the car rolls off the lot.

On the opposite end of the spectrum ($50+ cars with a marquee name) they offer excellent service because they know you'll be coming back soon to trade in for the newest model every year or so.

But, the key factor in terms of the way you are treated is if they believe you have loads of cash and will trade-in every year or so.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Interesting thread.
I just found odd that the OP is seeking action from the GM corporate when this is obviously the dealership internal issue, or asking BBB to get the tech fired, which also is obviously not BBB's problem.

Settling this with the owner/general manager or suggesting that he get a lawyer involved would solve this problem, imo.

Unless there are better options.

What kind of lawyer would take care of this, though?

·
Registered
653 Posts
I disagree.

I've been in dealers for the past 7 years. I was also a tech for about 5 of those.

I will admit there was one time I beat on a brand new 911 turbo, but that because the customer complained of a CEL coming on and off while racing a ferrari, so he told me to drive it in such as fashion. I was like: :coolnana:
Disagree.. I could careless, but you are lying

·
Registered
224 Posts
Interesting thread.
I just found odd that the OP is seeking action from the GM corporate when this is obviously the dealership internal issue, or asking BBB to get the tech fired, which also is obviously not BBB's problem.
I equate it to suing the parent company of the restaurant, and not the franchise. It's a company image, thing - it makes GM look bad.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Sick. I trust Lotus of Plano to not do such a thing or ask me beforehand if they can to try and figure out a problem.

I think I would be doing everything I could to get a new car at that point.
You are aware the tech warped a customers Elise around a telephone poll? All the guy was in for is tires!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
For 99% of the population, if these idiots don't hoon the car, then no one will. I'm pretty sure most cars can stand being insanely caned for an hour or two.

I'm not defending what these dealerships secretly do, I'm merely stating a black and white fact. Think of me as a robot, stating fact.

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
For 99% of the population, if these idiots don't hoon the car, then no one will. I'm pretty sure most cars can stand being insanely caned for an hour or two.

I'm not defending what these dealerships secretly do, I'm merely stating a black and white fact. Think of me as a robot, stating fact.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
668 Posts
that sucks... i want to install cameras in my car. mostly for surveillance. i've had my car scratched, spit on (multiple times) egged, even a Big Gulp cup of coke thrown at it.

people do stupid @h!t... i hate that. this happened to me downtown chicago, suburbs/malls

i wish there could be something i could do to them, but probably the only thing is to buy a chevy impala. Then no one would even notice it :)

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
that sucks... i want to install cameras in my car. mostly for surveillance. i've had my car scratched, spit on (multiple times) egged, even a Big Gulp cup of coke thrown at it.

people do stupid @h!t... i hate that. this happened to me downtown chicago, suburbs/malls

i wish there could be something i could do to them, but probably the only thing is to buy a chevy impala. Then no one would even notice it :)
Off topic, but..
You could do what these guys did.. get a in-car blackbox.. it records continuously over a loop, has gps and time stamps, and some even has built in accelerometer, I think.

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f133/vehicle-blackbox-camera-109702/
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f170/blackvue-forward-camera-dvr-security-115247/

Someone rubbed the back bumper of my daily in a parking lot about a month ago.. I normally take pictures of the surrounding cars if I think they bump/rub/grind/ding against mine, but it was one of those days I didn't bother to take the picture.
Needless to say, I was pissed... but to get back on topic.. hm...

·
Such Administrating
6,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I know for a fact there isn't a dealer or shop that doesn't.. I work at a Mercedes BMW Lexus and caddilac.. BMW has the m's caddys have the ctv Mercedes has amg.. The techs I see beat on them.. Even the porters.. Last week I saw the (team leader) of BMW with a m5 v10 redline every gear with it was on the lift.. Usally I wouldn't care.. But he just started the car from sitting there for two days after he did it.. No warm up time and did this three times.. What a douchebag.. If the car was meant to b drivin fast it's going too.. Dnt say you wouldn't caus I'd call liar..
(edited because I feel no need to prove myself)

So basically you saying you beat on customers cars then??

1 - 20 of 41 Posts