The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I did a cursory search through this forum and the New Car Info forum and couldn't find any posts of dealers who were cutting deals on the '08 Exige S 240. Could be that nobody is going below MSRP but figured I'd ask.

I'm in Washington and the local dealer here wants MSRP. I've never owned a Lotus before so the loyalty rebate won't work for me.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
if you're in washington dc, the local dealer (chevy white panel vans) is still sitting on a truckload of leftovers from last year. someday they'll figure out the supply/demand thing but maybe not just yet. there's no reason to pay anything near sticker for an in-stock unit.

my two suggestions. contact HRM in connecticut and contact ascot in pittsburg.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Not to nitpick but the OP was asking about below MSRP of S240's, the Panel truck dealer is trying to sell off basic 07 'S's.
it all goes to my point that the dealer in question doesn't price their units appropriately for sale, if they did, they wouldn't be sitting on so many units over the winter. if they chose to stick to MSRP on in-stock S240's then there will be a boatload of them this time next year.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
it all goes to my point that the dealer in question doesn't price their units appropriately for sale, if they did, they wouldn't be sitting on so many units over the winter. if they chose to stick to MSRP on in-stock S240's then there will be a boatload of them this time next year.

Huh?:panic:

So your response to the OP's original question is...yes, the local panel truck dealer must've/did sell S240's below MSRP, as can be evidenced by their lack of inventory of those cars?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi guys,

I'm in Washington state and my dealer has 1 Exige S 240 on the floor with 3 more coming in June. I want of the ones that won't be here until June (Aspen White / Touring / Track / LSD).

I don't have a problem with buying out of state, I'll just have to figure out transportation (and factor in that cost).

Any thoughts on dealers going below MSRP on the '08 Exige S 240?

Thanks!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Fox Valley had a persian blue 08 with 400 miles or so going for a bit less than MSRP. I think they were asking around $66K and the car was recently on ebay, but I don't know if it sold.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi guys,

I'm in Washington state and my dealer has 1 Exige S 240 on the floor with 3 more coming in June. I want of the ones that won't be here until June (Aspen White / Touring / Track / LSD).

Thanks!
I hope you go out of state for your purchase. Park Place's service department is great but I would avoid buying any vehicle from them. Numerous Lotus/Aston/Porsche owners warned me and I'm glad I listened to them. Very bad sales experience which were consistent with the warnings I received and I ended up not purchasing my Lotus from them. I have had my Exige S serviced twice there and I was very satisfied each visit.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Hi guys,

I don't have a problem with buying out of state, I'll just have to figure out transportation (and factor in that cost).

Any thoughts on dealers going below MSRP on the '08 Exige S 240?

Thanks!

Melloy Jaguar Lotus in New Mexico. Great to deal with, and you WILL get a good deal. ;)

·
Registered
99 Posts
my two suggestions. contact HRM in connecticut and contact ascot in pittsburg.
Pittsburgh thank you very much, it has an h on the end of it. ;) And Ascot isn't actually in Pittsburgh, it's in Sewickley. (Basically an upscale suburb but far enough from town to not put Pittsburgh if you're mailing something there)

·
Registered
459 Posts
Why not buy down here in Cali, and then road trip back to Washington to break it in? :D I have two 240's in stock, and I'm sure we'll work something out. Feel free to email me or call my cell.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I e-mailed Newport European about their 3 240s in stock. Off the bat, they gave $2,000 of MSRP.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys! Brendan - I'll give you a call tomorrow.

Allen and pete k - I'll call your dealers tomorrow as well.

Thanks and wish me luck!

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Thanks guys! Brendan - I'll give you a call tomorrow.

Allen and pete k - I'll call your dealers tomorrow as well.

Thanks and wish me luck!
You can call them if you want but that was really just as a reference. I think Brendan would get you something similar if not better.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
we at fvmc acctually have 2 S240's used. one with around 450 miles in persian blue at $65,900, and one with 175 miles in storm titanium i am not sure on the price, but i do believe it is under MSRP.

Call or e-mail Rick Schnieder for more details. tell him T.J. sent you from elisetalk:D.
630-231-3400
[email protected]

good luck in your hunt,
T.J.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Why not buy down here in Cali, and then road trip back to Washington to break it in? :D I have two 240's in stock, and I'm sure we'll work something out. Feel free to email me or call my cell.
Brendan,

I left a message on your cell phone. What colors have you got? I'm on the market for a 240, give me a decent deal, and I'll pop over and buy one this week.

John Botti
928-202-7405

1 - 19 of 19 Posts