The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called a bay area dealer today and they told me they were expecting cars to arrive "at any moment". The guy said "we are expecting a truck to arrive as we speak"..
Any other info out there???

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Valenti in watertown, CT is expecting their Demo Friday or Monday and 1st car by the end of the month.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Gasp! :eek:

I called Scottsdale Lotus yesterday and they said they'd have the demo, "by the end of the month." I think after all the delays and daily inquiries, they've just decided to play safe.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
If cars are expected to arrive in the Bay Area today and they are coming from the San Diego distribution center, it would seem logical that they also could be arriving at the much closer dealerships in southern California.

Time to drive by Silver Star again this evening and scope out the situation. I got excited yesterday when I saw a transport truck coming down the block, but it only had a bunch of Minis on it.

·
Lotus Sales
629 Posts
CARS ARRIVING!!!!

I have been informed that I will be receiving our demo and first customer car. It should be here any second!!!! The wait is over!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Re: CARS ARRIVING!!!!

Wow. Reports of demo cars arriving on boths coasts. Excellent! :)

·
Registered
5,418 Posts

Mark Starr said:
I have been informed that I will be receiving our demo and first customer car. It should be here any second!!!! The wait is over!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
GREAT! Now hook up the video camera to the net via a direct feed so we may all see the Yeti... :D

·
Registered
963 Posts

Mark Starr said:
Are they there yet? What colors are you getting? Can you take some photos? :cool:

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
DOOMED!

Oh, wait a minute, this is a thread with good news!
:clap: :bow: :clap: :bow: :clap:

My dealer promised to call me when their demo arrives, they will make appointments for test drives. Should be any day now. It will be even more exciting for me than for most because I have never seen an Elise.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I just called Newport European and they were expecting their demo car soon... but weren't sure when. They were hoping for next week some time. I'll post more when I hear that a demo is available.

BTW, I also know that Christine is no longer with Newport European. She left for various pesonal and professional reasons that I'm not privy to...

Bob

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mark Starr,
Appreciate the post! Let us know the actual time the truck pulls up so we can see which dealer wins the demo delivery lotto...

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Ok, Silver Star has just called me. they are getting only 1 car between now and the end of July, and it may be mine (mine is the only customer car they needed the clear coat decision on right away, others before me on the list have either Sports pack or Graphite grey. The Demo has the sports pack too.)

Thats all they know. I get the feeling the manager there is not putting much effort into finding stuff out from Lotus USA

·
Registered
163 Posts
Well, CRAP!

I'm at Silver Star and was hoping for the demo this week. Didn't know they ordered the Sports Pack on the demo!

Maybe they'll make the rest of us happy and offer your car as the demo for a week or so....:D

·
Registered
587 Posts
LarryB said:
SVAG is expecting demo and first customer car sometime this week or wrost case next.
Larry, is that new news, or just a restatement of what's in the SVAG thread in the Regions section?

Reason I ask is because I guess it's possible the delivery truck is pulling up to SVAG this very moment!

- John, debating whether to annoy SVAG with another phone call

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Nay, just a restatement. My plan is to check with them Friday, if it's there and after I've made my weekend appointment to let everyone know. :D ;)

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Bob, thanks for posting the info on Newport European - I was kind of wondering why the folks there were kind of quiet when I mentioned Christine, back a few weeks ago. She was very good, esp. to come out and take that drive with us in Temecula. However the other people I've met and spoken with there have been good as well. Even though I don't have an order with them, they've been very gracious.

Cheers, Mike.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Mark's car MUST have arrived.:clap:

He hasnt posted anything so we can only assume that he is out driving the car around :D

1 - 20 of 73 Posts