The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Can I make a feature request?

Let people log in to claim their spot(s) in line at the dealers, and update the status, ie "unclaimed", "claimed, no order", "order sent to lotus", "car received", "spot reliquished". You could record the dates that each change in status occured. This would allow people get some sort of independent estimate of how fast the line is moving.

I've been thinking of coding up something like this one weekend, but it looks like you are more ambitious than I am. :)

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Evl said:
Can I make a feature request?

Let people log in to claim their spot(s) in line at the dealers, and update the status, ie "unclaimed", "claimed, no order", "order sent to lotus", "car received", "spot reliquished". You could record the dates that each change in status occured. This would allow people get some sort of independent estimate of how fast the line is moving.

I've been thinking of coding up something like this one weekend, but it looks like you are more ambitious than I am. :)
Evl, sounds like a great idea.

My long-term goal is to tie the system into EliseTalk (thus the request to use ET handles), but I don't foresee the ability to track order status for a couple more weeks.

First I'll have to ask Randy if he will let me have read-only access to his members table (for cross-site membership).

So, uh, Randy, whaddya say? :D

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Allan,

The reviews go in immediately when you submit them. Please fill out all the fields and try again.

Right now, if the insert fails, it just jumps back to the dealership detail. I'll fix the script so that it redirects back to the form with an error message explaining the failure.

Sorry for the confusion!!!

:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts