The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Go this from the www.tailofthedragon.com homepage. I was looking around because it appears I'll be heading back through there in a few days.

This is from their "updated" news section on the homepage.....
Hope this Englishman wasnt in a Lotus!

OCTOBER 22-23-24: It was a wild and busy weekend on the Dragon. A car driver from England crossed the Dragon and then on the return northbound forgot they were in the US. The car, which was travelling north in the southbound lane, met a box truck head-on at Wheelie Hell Corner. Saturday a motard rider was airlifted out after a cruiser ran him over. Don't know the details yet, but the injured rider was admitted to UT Medical Center.
Also noted some very dangerous driving by several cars. We have this on video and will include it in Vol 3 of the Dragon Videos ... how NOT to drive the Dragon.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
OFL...pick up your car saturday and head up there. i should get to townsend late saturday so i will be on the dragon sunday morning (and maybe late saturday if not too wasted from driving all day). i think the tapoco lodge outside robbinsville is full of spyder types so i have reservations at the best western valley view in townsend TN...a mere 30 minute drive from the dragon on the foothills parkway. the elise is always more attention getting in groups. anybody el(i)se interested in getting together sunday?

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
i just might be able to make it. it is unlikely i'll have had the first service by then...but maybe :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well you only have to go as fast as you want! You don't have to rev it up to enjoy the handling! hahaha :bow:

I drove one a few weeks back and they are such little go-karts! Very easy to point and squirt!

There should be a 348 challenge, 2-355's and a few other 308/328s. We are trying to get another 348 and a 360.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
When I ran the Dragon was before the first service. I didn't think it was an issue.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Randy Chase said:
When I ran the Dragon was before the first service. I didn't think it was an issue.
I agree.

We ran the gap the second day we had the orange car...and plan on taking the new one there too next week.

Damn, I wish I could come this weekend but I cant. I wont be up there till sometime next week. :(

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
yeah, adamant, the speed laws are enforced. i think blount county tn actually lowered the speed limit to 35. so it goes. needless to say there are those who exceed the posted speed. we... i mean they... expect to get flamed for it too

they are a lot stricter about crossing the yellow line...they live to write those tickets. keep an eye out for the unmarked cars lurking in the trees. given a weekend following one with a mishap it is a disstinct possibility enforcement will be cranked up. if you can, go early in the day to avoid the blue meanies

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Thanks, I was just wondering. You'll get no complaints from me. I ..er other people have been known to have spirited drives out this way especially where traffic and meanies are very few and far between. I'd rather meet someone on a road that is paying attention driving fast than someone paying little or no attention. Sadly there are a LOT more of the latter.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts