The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Beggers can't be choosers, but if you are serious about geting a loaner or buying one check out Sun International. They do NOT have the new Fed version, but do sell current models here in the states.

Sun International
Manhattan Beach, California, USA; Fax (310) 546-1343

Not sure what their phone number is, but you can call info.

If you are angling for a Fed Version then somethings up, no offense but kids WON'T know the difference.

If they have one in stock you should be able to pick one up and have it shipped to you in plenty of time.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
That's what I as getting at, note the :) face, it is a CG model they show on their website. Sure, if they have a real one, that might be a possibility, but I suspect they don't and that their specs are for the euro model not the federal elise, but you're right it wouldn't hurt to ask... still I have to think that if someone is going to pony up $$$ for this they won't go this route, but maybe this place will donate one for a weekend as a tax write-off.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Jasonv44 said:
Beggers can't be choosers, but if you are serious about geting a loaner or buying one check out Sun International. They do NOT have the new Fed version, but do sell current models here in the states.

Sun International
Manhattan Beach, California, USA; Fax (310) 546-1343

Not sure what their phone number is, but you can call info.

If you are angling for a Fed Version then somethings up, no offense but kids WON'T know the difference.

If they have one in stock you should be able to pick one up and have it shipped to you in plenty of time.
I wouldn't care if it was a non-Federal model, other than someone has to pay to ship it to and from the track then instead of being driven to the event. Thanks for passing on the Sun International info, I'll check them out too.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I received an update on the events of that day at the track from BBBS today and wanted to pass them on to Lotus and/or members here who may be bringing their cars.

A Day At The Races at Kansas Speedway
Saturday, September 18, 2004
Schedule of activities

11:00 Registration

11:30 – 1:30 Lunch

Noon – 2:00 Hot Laps
Group 1 Noon – 12:15 Viper
Group 2 12:20 – 12:35 Audi/BMW
Group 3 12:40 – 12:55 Ferrari/Lamborghini
Group 4 1:00 – 1:15 Sponsor & Other cars
Group 5 1:20 – 1:35 Porsche
Group 6 1:40 – 1:55 Porsche & Other cars

2:00 – 4:30 Photo Opps in Victory Lane and other club events

4:30 Big Rides for Little Brothers & Little Sisters

5 p.m. V.I.P. Sponsor Reception in President’s Suite
Laps in Exotic Cars and other entertainment for sponsors

6 p.m. Registration
Silent Auction Viewing
Open Bar

7 p.m. Buffet dinner from KC Masterpiece
Virtual Horse Race #1
Silent Auction
Gourmet Coffee & Dessert Bar
Open Bar

8 p.m. Virtual Horse Race #2
Live Auction begins!
Open Bar

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
BTW,
I found out that all of our club's spots have to go to Porsches, BUT I have put in a request to reserve 2 spots for Lotus cars as part of the "other" group. Now if LSS cars would just arrive by September... :)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
David,
I used to be an avid visitor at Park Place when I worked at the main campus down the street. :) I'll ring you up if you think you can have the vehicle in question by Sept 18th. ;)

BTW, it looks like we may have the first 997 S in the country donated to the event by Porsche, keeping fingers crossed!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts