The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this on youtube - (sorry if it's a repost - I searched and couldn't see a previous post...) but it's a superbly produced and edited video and worth watching again. Anybody who's had to say goodbye to a beloved car will know that sickening feeling.
There's some nice shots of Elises and Exiges too ( inc. an S1 motorsport exige :drool:)
YouTube - 2005 death of a Caterham - High Quality

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That sucks! :(

Was he okay?
Don't know if he was hurt but I presume he was the poster of the video! The car had the competition rollcage which is well tested and very substantial, and the impast wasn't head on...-
as far as I can tell The crash was at the Nurburgring a couple of corners before the final straight or just after the old banked section? (please correct if i'm wrong) but I thought I recognised it.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Mysterious white powder / liquid on the track...maybe oil. :( I've seen another video with that before and it caused an off track then as well.

Great video though, really impressive footage.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I believe that it occured thru Eau Rouge at Spa Francorchamps, and it was on Seloc and several other sites. Youtube doesnt work well for me at work.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
That second video tells a tale...whoa!

So it was coolant (not oil) dropped by another car...but the aftermath! Also, there's proof you should stay in your car!! His car gets smacked by the third car which has a much more dramatic crash, and that throws him from his car as he's trying to exit.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Sorry - it's definitely just after Eau Rouge - probably the most famous corner in F1 - silly me.

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
This is one of the best "car' videos I've ever seen. The brave little girl had such a life. Victories, defeats, thrills, adventure, lots of stories. As a tragic end befell, as she dove one last time toward the light, her life flashed before her headlamps.

We need an emoticon for solemn respect.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
well that will learn ya to go jumping out of the harness and cage on track with traffic :panic: glad he is well and the car is back on the track!

nice taste in music... kate bush song i have never heard before?! - must be off that new album she did recently

·
Registered
682 Posts
=(

That's really, really sad...

Maybe I just have too much empathy for inanimate objects :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts