The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had SweetDaddyD make up some decals for the Lotus, and got them on. I'm still getting used to the newly red painted mirror caps. They are a little bold, but they do tie into the rest of the red on the car. But the white and black decals on the mirror caps seem to take away some of the brightness of the red and break it up a bit. I'm a little tossed on the red painted caps though.
Still also getting used to the banner on the windshield. Not sure if it looks too cheesy or ricey. I'm not used to decals, but thought I'd give it a go.
The others are what they are.
Cheers,

Attachments

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Part2:

Attachments

·
Banned
3,239 Posts
I’ve got an Aspen White 2009 Cup 260 and that was how I wanted to accent mine in red. I don’t think that I would add the red pinstripes though. I did not think of the Lotus logo on the mirror nor the signature…I like them! Hook me up with them. I was going to pain my rear wing endplates red too though.

Hey, we are all car guys here…how about “The Little Engine that Cam!” instead?

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
I love the black/white/red livery, but I gotta say that I think you went overboard.

Btw, I think the Spoiler would look cool if you painted the vertical stations red.

·
Registered
89 Posts
IMHO, any purely visual mods especially to the exterior of the car only serve a purpose of saying "hey look at me". I guess i just never really understood those who seem to crave attention from others.

To each his own i guess...

·
Registered
641 Posts
IMHO, any purely visual mods especially to the exterior of the car only serve a purpose of saying "hey look at me". I guess i just never really understood those who seem to crave attention from others.

How subtle can you really be? You're already driving an Exige. Might as well embrace it; the attention. rotfl

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts

Sorta like those who post on a thread yet offer no input to the actual question the OP asked? That seems a bit "look at me" if you ask me :D

To the OP - I think it looks GREAT! I don't think you can over-do these cars, the more the better in my opinion. I will agree that I'm not a huge fan of the signature, more just not on the mirrors. If you had it somewhere on the car that would be pretty cool (in fact I think I'll make one for myself and put it on my car somewhere).

Liveries like this look especially great on track cars - of course I'm a bit biased...

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Everyone has a right to an opinion and that's fine. I can take any feedback good or bad. Can't please everyone.
As for the windshield banner, even though it is a typical thing with a lot of Lotus people on here, I thought I'd give it a go and see what the hype was about. I'm not usually into following trends, but just wanted to see if it looked good. Still not too sure of it and may scrub it off. I had doubts of putting it on so as not to look like them Honda and Mustang kids. Still on the fence though there. But one good thing though, when people see it, then they know what the car is and I wont have to tell them. We get asked that A LOT where ever we go. But then there's the other side, where it's always good to keep em guessing. I dunno.
I'm more sold on the mirrors, despite them punching out with the red so much. The two toned double mirror cap decals cool that down a bit, but again, still getting used to it. I can always scrub them off and revert back to AW caps if I can't get used to liking it.
Just looking at jazzing it up a bit. Wasn't really in the market to draw or crave attention and make people "look at me". I did it for me, not for my neighbor to like. ;) The car draws attention regardless of decals. But I like and ordered the car for what and how it is, not to crave attention from others. It just happens that way unfortunately.
It may seem like a lot but only half of them are really noticeable. The others like the intercooler one, the phrase on the inside of the hatch cover and the one between the two seats are mostly hidden, until the hatch and/or the doors are open. The other mainly visible ones are the windshield and mirror caps.
The stripes were added awhile ago. Under those red stripes are exposed carbon fiber stripes. The red stripes cover over them in the same flow and contour that are originally there from the factory....as seen here: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f157/2010-exige-s260-pics-87855/ when the car was first delivered . Just wanted some color with the car so as to take away from the StormTrooper look of black and white. I know, I know. I covered up carbon fiber. Probably goes against 'the code', but I need some color.
Thanks for the opinions and input though. Some of it was experimental and may get cut out and edited. I'll see how it sits with me.
And to <@[email protected]>, if you're interested in the ones you stated, give Keith a shout and view his works he's done for several of us on here and other car guys and gals, on his site here: Chuforia Graffix | About
Cheers,

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
I think the exterior black and red accents are awesome. I like the banner. But the smaller details are fussy. If you are worried about the mirror covers standing out too much, a different approach to blending them in is getting more of the red to other parts of the car for balance. Painting the wing stanchions red, as others suggested, would be just the thing.
I don't care for the practice of adding multiple copies of the badge here and there, there's no point to it and it gets messy-looking quick.
I'll reserve comment on the interior and engine bay.
The exterior is great, on the whole.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I really like the red stripes and the red on the mirrors. Looks great on the white car. As imitation in the best form of flattery, I was thinking about doing the red on my carbon grey '10 260.....but then I realized that my car has exposed carbon where the red is. Did you just cover up the exposed carbon with the red? I also gather the mirrors took a bit of work to install. Nigel.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I actually found pics you posted when your car was new....and your car is identical to mine. I like the red. Sent message to the graphics company to get the red stripes. Will follow up. Nigel.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I really like the red stripes and the red on the mirrors. Looks great on the white car. As imitation in the best form of flattery, I was thinking about doing the red on my carbon grey '10 260.....but then I realized that my car has exposed carbon where the red is. Did you just cover up the exposed carbon with the red? I also gather the mirrors took a bit of work to install. Nigel.
Thanks.
Yes I just had some red vinyl stripes exactly covering where all the exposed carbon fiber stripes are, just to add some colour.
The mirror caps came off with one screw using an 'L-shaped' star-shaped alan key, on each and then separating the cap from the mirror housing was the slowest. But in all, as long as you take your time, there's nothing to it.
I'd like to see how that turns out on yours. Post pics if you go through with it. Cheers,

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I like everything but the mirrors (both sides) and "The little engine that can" decal.

Otherwise looks great!
Thanks and no harm done. Nothing personal. To each their own, yadda yadda yadda.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts