The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
got the call - december build date!!!

'just found out our's will be built in december! wooo hoo!
after lifetime of wanting/saving/waiting for a lotus, she'll soon be here!
it's almost scary, so close and yet so far. will it actually become true?

i was optimistically told to expect mid to late january for delivery.
but i'm not going to be disappointed if it turns out to be february.

i just hope the roads will be clean when she does arrive.
'would hate to drive her only 25 feet from an enclosed trailer into the garage.

btw, 'lily' will be starlight black with standard black interior, hardtop and will get the starshield. the hardtop is mostly for winter driving, clean streets only of course! she won't be a daily driver, and will be covered while resting.

and all this after going thru my studio's slowest year, hopefully all my recent networking/new biz efforts will pay off in '05 to justify this expense!

(still) patiently waiting,
t. a.

·
Registered
472 Posts
T.A.,
Congrats on getting closer to living the dream. I'd been waiting 30 yrs for a Lotus (really wanted a Europa in '74 before they shut down US sales), then waited 8 yrs for the Elise to come to the States. Just picked up my Mag Blue / H/T / Touring toy 12 days ago (goes in for the 1000 mi service today), and all I can say is: the wait was worth it. This is exactly the car I hoped Lotus would build, and I intend to post a note congratulating them on absolutely nailing the street car of my dreams. So far, for what I'll be doing with the car, I see no need to diddle with any of the Lotus engineering, and I'm totally happy with the non-LSS setup for the street (feels better than a couple of vintage race cars I've ridden in on the track!).
I'm hoping for a few more weeks of decent weather also, and will probably drive over to Cherry Hill on T'giving day to visit the in laws. Might not get out on the roads after the first salt is thrown, but till then, it's a daily driver on half-decent days.
You will NOT be disappointed with your new toy (assuming you can deal with the need to clean black paint on an hourly basis). Have fun when she arrives! (P.S. The last week of waiting is the worst by far).
Jim

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jim

thanks for the reply and good words!

i fell in love with lotus', and brunettes for that matter, ever since watching 'Emma Peel' in the Avengers in the early '60s. long wait here too!

your Mag Blue sounds nice. but then (almost) all the colors are nice. i have to admit being a bit nuts though, both of our daily drivers are black. ouch!!

but i've seen in person an esprit with the starlight black, and only pictures of the elise in black, and it was an easy decision. can't wait.

t. a.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts