The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Elise made the cover of December's issue of Pop Sci. This maybe a rehash from a previous issue but I can't remember and I just didn't search the site.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And here is the piece:

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
Popular Science highlighted ten cars for technological innovations, and though the Elise wasn't the "Grand Award" winner, it did make the cover (of course).

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
This same issue has (on page 66) a writup on the Honda Accord HYBRID with the text "Final mileage: a terrific ... 37 highway".

Some 'hybrid' huh? The Elise gets 37 mpg highway as well and it's made to go zoom-zoom.

I just can't beleive in hybrids. Seems if they were engineered correctly they'd all be doing 90 MPG. *sigh*

:/

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
he meant that the elise was high bred

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
doma said:
I just can't believe in hybrids. Seems if they were engineered correctly they'd all be doing 90 MPG. *sigh*
But you need to compare the equivalent hybrid - I'll bet the hybrid Accord gets a lot better mileage than a regular Accord...

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
>the elise only gets 27 highway

Really?
Hows come everywhere I read the Elise gets 37mpg highway? Even in this very issue of Popular Science.

I know I get at least 30 in my city/hw mix commute. I usually refuel around every 300 miles with about 1 fuel gague 'block' left.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
doma said:
>the elise only gets 27 highway

Really?
Hows come everywhere I read the Elise gets 37mpg highway? Even in this very issue of Popular Science.
because that's the number that was bandied about for the longest time before the actual cars started showing up with 27 on the window sticker

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Oops! I can beleive that. Also all the mags seem to get different 0-60 times too. Oh well, then I take back my rips on the hybrid. :)

However, I was beleiving it since I zero the trip meter at every fueling and often end up at the gas station with >300 miles on the trip. *shrug* Maybe my odo is not counting off the miles correctly? :(

-doma

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
doma said:

However, I was beleiving it since I zero the trip meter at every fueling and often end up at the gas station with >300 miles on the trip. *shrug* Maybe my odo is not counting off the miles correctly? :(

-doma
wow--I usually only get to 200 when my light comes on

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
doma said:
I think that's what the Rover-engined Elise got.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
TimMullen said:
But you need to compare the equivalent hybrid - I'll bet the hybrid Accord gets a lot better mileage than a regular Accord...
and it is faster 0-60

the Accord Hybrid Sedan provides even more power - 255 hp versus 240hp in the regular Accord V-6 Sedan - while improving fuel efficiency to an estimated 30 mpg city / 37 highway - better than virtually all 4-cylinder mid-sized sedans

·
Registered
971 Posts
atyclb said:
wow--I usually only get to 200 when my light comes on
How much time do you spend in the high speed cams? I have been averaging 30 mpg for both city and highway.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
You can get 35+ mpg on the highway... the trick is stay under 3000 rpm and cruise in 6th gear.

If you're like me you've got no self control and you end up getting 30 or less! :D

Kiyoshi

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by doma
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that's what the Rover-engined Elise got.
That will have been quoted in imperial gallons, they are larger than US gallons...

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
khamai said:
You can get 35+ mpg on the highway... the trick is stay under 3000 rpm and cruise in 6th gear.

If you're like me you've got no self control and you end up getting 30 or less! :D

Kiyoshi
and what is the speed at 3K in 6th???

i don't quite remember seeing I only have 250miles on mine. the freeways around here are like racetracks. if you're not going 80 (on 280 for those in the area) you're getting passed by every soccer mom in an suv and every contractor in his full sized p/u with a rack and ladder

·
Registered
409 Posts
ivan1 said:
and it is faster 0-60

the Accord Hybrid Sedan provides even more power - 255 hp versus 240hp in the regular Accord V-6 Sedan - while improving fuel efficiency to an estimated 30 mpg city / 37 highway - better than virtually all 4-cylinder mid-sized sedans
IMHO, this is the best application of hybrid technology yet, much better than the Escape or the Prius! More power and better mileage! I'd actually consider this car, and I've never found anything even remotely desireable about Honda products before.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts