The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
after all the hassles and work Arnie's done these past few years to get the car here, he certainly should be held in high regard for any buyer of the US elise (or 111R for that matter):) :) :)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Nice, Dave. I would have gone CO, but the wife said she would not be caught dead in that color. I figured I was doing pretty good talking her into the car, so I wasn't about to battle for color.

I saw the green in LA and it didn't suit me. In the end, we ordered Bordeaux/Biscuit which I am pretty happy with.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Yeah but c'mon, I don't think what colour he stands next to can be regarded as a serious style statement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Ridgemanron said:
Arnie poses next to a car and everyone acts as if the Playmate Of The Year did it, saying 'gimme,gimme,
gimme!' P.S. - As Bette Davis once said about being adored by the public, 'You
either got it...or you don't. It's as simple as that!'
I don't know what Arnie looks like. I'm guessing he's the guy in one of the photos below. Why would you say people chose a color just because he stands next to a car? :confused: Are you just being stupid? I've not seen many or any shots of CO until the shots below were posted. I don't need anyone to stand next to a car to make me like the color. I can choose that on my own. Maybe if Lotus would have posted photos of the actual colors beforehand, we'd have a better feel for what we want.

Bottom line is, the photos of the car sold me on the color, not who is standing next to it. When I saw the photos of this car, to me, that was Joe Blow standing next to it.

I've got my own mind and free will. I like the color, that's why I switched.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
zvezdah1 said:
Tidal,
Lighten up guy, he was just joking.

It's gonna be long couple months I think:D
Chris
That's why I asked if he was "just being stupid". I guess I should have said "just joking". :p

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
It's amazing how we can say things and they be misinterpreted, happened to me many times (more than I'd care to remember)

Oh well, glad we continue to be one big happy family!:D
Chirs

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
It's amazing how we can say things and they be misinterpreted, happened to me many times (more than I'd care to remember)

Chirs

·
Supporting Vendor
4,146 Posts
CO is indeed a fantastic color....Many of you may not know that CO was not one of the original colors LCU planned to offer. The COM petitioned LCU to offer it and they listened! How cool is that? How many car companies do you know that would be so responsive.

LCU, my hats off to y'all. Thanks !!! :)

BTW: cheers from merry England. I tour the factory on Wed. I can hardly wait. The new Exige looks even better in person.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
shinoo said:
Many of you may not know that CO was not one of the original colors LCU planned to offer. The COM petitioned LCU to offer it and they listened!
Which is why there were no pictures of Elises painted Chrome Orange to show us (as someone pointed out somewhere previously) - there were no Chrome Orange Elises...

By the way, my pick has always been CO - no changing orders for me, as it was in the first batch...

Tim Mullen

·
Registered
394 Posts
TimMullen said:
Which is why there were no pictures of Elises painted Chrome Orange to show us (as someone pointed out somewhere previously) - there were no Chrome Orange Elises...

By the way, my pick has always been CO - no changing orders for me, as it was in the first batch...

Tim Mullen
Tim, I am also in the first batch, and I just got my order changed to CO last week. Im number 8 at Gonzaba Autoplex. This means that our cars are not being made yet.. :(

adamp

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Adam P said:
Tim, I am also in the first batch, and I just got my order changed to CO last week. Im number 8 at Gonzaba Autoplex. This means that our cars are not being made yet.. :(

adamp
adam, did George tell you they were getting 8 in the first batch?!?!

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
zvezdah1 said:

Chirs
You can say that again.

Ridgeman teeters on this razor's edge betweem madness and sheer genius.

:)

·
Registered
394 Posts
atyclb said:
adam, did George tell you they were getting 8 in the first batch?!?!
George said; "it might be 3, or 5, or 8 in the first bacth of cars". That is exactly what he said to me on the phone. He said he would tell me more after the launch, ill post it when I talk to him on friday!

Adamp

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Ridgemanron said:
If Arnie stood next to Krypton Green, people would be going over to that color. It's the same when the other Arnie poses with a
certain golf club......sales go up. 'Star Quality' people have that effect on the public. Didn't you ever hear about what they do on Madison Avenue?
I don't think Arnie is going to give you a free car or an early delivery no mater how much you pucker up:p

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Adam P said:
.am also in the first batch, and I just got my order changed to CO last week. I'm number 8 at Gonzaba Autoplex. This means that our cars are not being made yet..
Well, keep in mind, that if they have 38 dealers each getting 10 cars (one demo and 9 customer cars), it's going to take a while to get 380 cars made.

I've often heard the number 2400 cars (or something like that) the first year, which comes out to 200 cars a month. We know that they are going to "ramp up", so it will be less than 200 per month at first. Still, if they started at the beginning of March, and were making 200 per month (which I doubt), it's going to be 2 months before the first 380 or so cars get here (and that's optimistic). But I would think that June is still a good target date for the first batch of cars - then something around 200 cars per month spread around the 38 dealers (I have no idea how evenly) should be in the range of 3-5 cars per month that we've seen mentioned here recently.

At least that's what I'm hoping - as I sit here typing with my fingers crossed....

Heck, I've been waiting for what, 8 years? Two with the deposit down... To me, it's getting close.

Like I said before, my Elise color pick has been CO since the beginning - I like it, and it's my wife's favorite color, and besides Colorado Orange (CO) is the color of my other Lotus. ;)

Tim Mullen

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
TimMullen said:
Well, keep in mind, that if they have 38 dealers each getting 10 cars (one demo and 9 customer cars), it's going to take a while to get 380 cars made.

each dealer is NOT getting 10 cars right away!

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Randy Chase said:
You can say that again.

Ridgeman teeters on this razor's edge betweem madness and sheer genius.

:)
Is that "sheer" in that it is almost invisible?:D

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
ex-M3 said:
Didn't they make a Barracuda in that color; or was it the 71-72 240Z. I think KG is cool in an ugly 60's kind of way.
Chrysler's Lime green was a shade or two darker than KG appears to be.

I had pretty much settled on COM before I saw the pics of KG, now I am having serious color choice problem.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts