The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd share this story. Like most early "list" people, I was told to expect my car in late spring/early summer. OK, that would be great. I could enjoy it all summer. At the same time I had a Lotus Europa sitting aroung that needed some restoration work done on it. When I found out I was looking at more like a late July/early August delivery, I figured now's a good time to get the Europa up to par and get it on the road for the summer, since I probably won't have the Elise. So, I had the car shipped out to PA to get some work done. The restoration place said "it's good you brought the car in when you did (February) this way it will be done in plenty of time for the summer, you'll have the car by the end of May." Ha! What is it now, September in a couple of days. Still no sign of the Europa. And of course, still no Elise. So in a way, Lotus screwed me twice this summer. Of course, I'll probably get both cars at the same time...the first day it snows. If I would have known I wouldn't have gotten the Europa byt the summer, I would have saved the money and put it down on the Elise. I could have saved the Europa for next year. I'm beyond the point of being irritated. I try to laugh (and sometimes cry) about it. Why do I have to love Lotuses (Loti?). It is a miserable existence...except when you're driving them.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I sympathize. I sold my Vette too early. Too early by a lot as it now seems. I don't think it's a Lotus thing as much as an exotic thing. If you want always there and ready get a pair of F150's instead of an Elise and Europa theres plenty new ones sittting on lots.

Steve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts