The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Having a hard time deciding which battery to choose. This is not a daily driver and not used much in the winter time (depends on weather). I have no additional electronics hooked up to the car to drain from the battery.

I will keep a battery maintainer / float charger or whatever you want to call it on the battery when not in use.

Both batteries are pretty close in size and weight, but the 20L has a much higher CCA and AH rating so I am leaning more towards that. Options would be greatly appreciated.

ETX20L or ETX14

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I have the bigger one I think. It's whatever Sector 111 sells as a race battery. I wasn't too happy when I realized I paid $120 + shippinh for a battery I can buy locally for $75. (they don't list brand or anything like that, just realized what it really was when it showed up)

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Yes.

It seems to work fine. I don't turn off the switch and it'll start right up after a week or two of sitting. I'm not sure how it will do in the winter, but I plan on storing it through winter anyhow. Not exactly a car designed to handle -30* or feet of snowfall.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I would recommend the 20L. Reasons:
1) Its what most use if they go the Braille B2015 / Deka EXT20L route, I assume there is a reason. ;)
2) You know there are brackets for it, from several suppliers.

I recommend a battery maintainer for convenience but it is IMPORTANT that you make sure whatever you buy is compatible with AGM type batteries. Another advantage over the stock battery is the 20L is a deep cycle, so even if you decide just to go without a maintainer and it goes dead, it will not damage the battery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts