The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Happy is not the right word. The delay is letting me save up more money for it. It's as if I've tightened the belt before spending it instead of after to pay it off faster. So, in the long run I'm better off but right now it just sucks.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
yup. Exactly. I have more than doubled the amount I originally intended to put down. (That's lost finance money for you, Lotus!)

Cade

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
I was not totally displeased my car was delayed. If it had arrived in April-June, I would not have had the money for it.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I wasn't really bothered that the car was delayed. It gave me more time to ponder whether I could actually part with the 32 when it came in. ;) Also, I was away for most of the summer, so I wouldn't have been here to drive it if it came in any earlier. The car arrived the week after I got home after being away for over a month.

That said, I'm very happy that it came in before the dead of winter. :)

·
Registered
341 Posts
lotuscar said:
Anyone happy their car is delayed, and why?
Happy, no. But I need the time to keep trying to convince the wife that either she likes the car (not likely) or she'll tolerate it because it makes me happy (somewhat likely).

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
The delay was killing me, however, I'm in the process of buying a house.

The lender will be checking my credit agina sometime in November - December. My Elise should come in around that time. I just want them to check my credit before I end up getting the Elise. Also, leasing has even become more attractive since, if I leased, I'd have a debt of $25K instead of $44K (assuming around a 50% residual).

So in the mean time, I'm car-less and blowing some credit cards debit & bike loans away.

Incidentally, I was suppose to sell or put my MV Agusta on consignment. I should but it's so hard to let go. :(

·
Registered
156 Posts
lotuscar said:
No, I want^D^D^Dneed my car now.

Still have two months to go. Arrrrrr.

At least I have a build date, my only regret was waiting a week to put down the deposit.

I forced myself to wait a week to think it over.

Sadly this was around the time the Road and Track cover story came out so the wait list jumped from ~8 people to ~30 people in that one weeks time.

Could have had it by now if I was more impulsive. =)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Glad at the delay... a little. It gives me time to sell my other cars (always torturous for me) and clean-up the garage for the Elise's arrival. It also gives me time to look for another client so I can have some positive cash-flow going when the Elise arrives.

Bob

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I wouldn't say I was happy,but like so many others have said it gives me more time to save and sell:shrug:

·
Registered
970 Posts
babak said:
Happy is not the right word. The delay is letting me save up more money for it. It's as if I've tightened the belt before spending it instead of after to pay it off faster. So, in the long run I'm better off but right now it just sucks.
Im in opposite position than you...after selling my car this summer, I had the enitire amt for Elise but I notice I spend alot of time on Ebay(and we shouldnt forget the hookers and alcohol) when I have money to burn...:):):)

This car better come in soon!

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
lotuscar said:
OF COURSE I AM!!!

If it hadn't been delayed, I wouldn't have gotten the honor of giving another $945 to poor little suffering neglected Lotus :rolleyes:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yes and No-

Yes- managed to save up the cash after spending on remodeling. And took a second look at the older sports car (a Porsche 914/4 set up for autocross) and have it up and running well again. The new tires are a blast!

No- getting distracted and thinking what else $45K (w/o tax) will buy. Sure are some interesting alternatives ranging from street-legal 250 hp 914s to used NSX, 993S, etc.

Sure would be nice to hear of at least one car being delivered in SoCal to a Symbolic wait list customer.....

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Jay said:

No- getting distracted and thinking what else $45K (w/o tax) will buy. Sure are some interesting alternatives ranging from street-legal 250 hp 914s to used NSX, 993S, etc.

Sure would be nice to hear of at least one car being delivered in SoCal to a Symbolic wait list customer.....
I feel the same way. I've been actually having second thoughts, after sooooo long with no doubts at all. I'm thinking that this must be because I'm finally so close to actually getting one (only months away now instead of some theoretical "someday" ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts