The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

is there any chance to delete the annoying system?
I can not evan park in front of my favorite cafes because it interferres with their Wlan Devices :/

For security i would prefer to hide a battery kill switch or a switch for the fuel pumps :D

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
I would not delete the immobilizer, as it then becomes childs play to steal the car.

the immobilizer is not interfering with wifi, but perhaps the alarm might. You can choose not to set alarm

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
30 Sek. after pulling out (the key) the immobilizer is armed you you can not start the car without pushing the button on the FOB.
So if the signal is blocked, you can not start the car.

This suxx :D

But it seems noone has a hint for the issue :/

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
First search the forums as there are previous thread describing how to defeat the immobilizer
second,why is pushing the button a big deal?
third, there is also a thread about a guy whos newly purchased Elise was stolen because, you guessed it, the immobilizer was defeated and they just drove it away

The remote rang is short, but if you are having problems with the remote working perhaps the batteries are weak

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have a problem to push the button..

BUT the signal gets disturbed by other electronics.
I can open the car manually, sit inside and the Car does not react if i push the button.
After i pushed the car out of the parking lot and ~ 50m away which was quite funny for all the other guests sitting outside the cafe i could disarm the alarm/immobilizer from outside as usual.

It is definetaly the frequency range that is prone to the radio waves of other devises.

When it happend first, i went to the nex gas station bought new batteries and still had the problem.
Called a friend, was driven home could ask another friend the next day to drive me again to my car.
I took my code thats attached to the spare key and was able du disarm the car manually by counting the blinking light on the dash.

That really pisses me off.

You never know where it will happen, the only way to find it out is to shut the car down and try to close the doors by pushing the Key FOB.
If the do not close, you have just a tiny 30 Sec. window after shutting the car down to ignite it again. Otherwise you are in trouble..

I think it is a better anti theft method to get a snap off steering wheel or hide a switch for the fuel pumps /battery somewhere.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
I got tired of messing with the immobilizer too and I by-passed the system on my car. I understand exigegus's concerns about defeating it but my thinking is that I never really leave the car in places I'd be worried about it, and I installed a hidden kill switch that has the same function as the immobilizer but is on a toggle that I can control.

By-passing the immobilizer is easy (there's a good thread out there describing it), instead of using a wire to by-pass mine, I wired my kill switch as the by-pass so it retains the functions of the immobilizer and I didn't have to disturb any additional wiring.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Something else you might consider - there's a few threads here that talk about extending the antenna for the remote...makes a WORLD of difference for the FOB range. That might make the difference between "working" and "not working", if your setup is right on the edge of "not working".

I didn't need to do it on my Lotus, but I did it on my Tesla Roadster. Went from having to stand right beside the door to get it to unlock, to a range of 40-50 ft. World of difference.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
I reeeeeeeeeeallly doubt it is interference. I park 20 feet from my wifi router and it does not give me trouble.

I think you batteries are weak.

Does the car unlock successfully?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts