The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a gutted and modified OEM header manifold (no precats, one of the flanges has been rerouted), I have a test pipe and custom exhaust. I've always had CEL codes for these O2's and I'd finally like to delete them.

How do we go about doing this? Evora 2011 NA Model.

·
Registered
2011 Evora NA 6sp
587 Posts
You're keeping the primary sensors right?

·
Premium Member
6,758 Posts
Track car only right???

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a street car, but definitely track ready with the upgrades I have. I rarely drive it, though (34,000 miles since 2011).

All of the sensors are still in their original locations; however, I do recall from posts many years ago that you can extend and move around O2 sensors to trick the ECU. There are no emissions in my state.

I'm open to all ideas, preferably the easiest solution, I would just prefer to have these CELs gone for good.

·
Premium Member
6,758 Posts
Sure its not just bad O2 sensors?? or a cooked wire??

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nah, I've had the same codes since I did my full exhaust 7 years ago. Im not emissions compliant

·
Registered
172 Posts
Are you talking about the pre- or post-cat O2 sensors?

·
Registered
2011 Evora NA 6sp
587 Posts
So there are 2 pre cat and 2 post cat sensors. You need the pre cat ones. They are adjusting the air fuel mixture all the time. The post cat ones maybe you can get an o2 simulator? Or maybe you can just get a tune that removes them. Either way you can't delete all.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, forgive my ignorance on the topic. Im also running off of some dated information about how others had gotten around it (i.e. extending and rearranging O2's to appear later in the exhaust...whatever) and do not mean to remove all, just the ones I can to get my ECU thinking its running ok.

I'd love to get a tune, but as soon as something goes wrong and it needs to go to the dealer thats gone and the dealer has new updates that can nullify your tune, so thats always a concern.

·
Premium Member
6,758 Posts
No updates at age of your vehicle...

·
Registered
2011 Evora NA 6sp
587 Posts
My car goes to the dealer often enough and the tune is never an issue. Plus, if they did reflash it, you have the cable and a computer you can just flash it again.

·
Registered
2011 Evora NA 6sp
587 Posts
I have the boe tvs1900 kit in my car so I'm using their tune. I'd contact them about what your looking for and see if they can help you out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts