The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was talk before LA that Lotus was considering a version of European delivery albeit w/o a discount. Have any of the Lotus brass mentioned this at the show?

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
I asked about that while talking to one of the UK Lotus people and they had not heard of it and did not think it would happen.

Patrick
waiting...

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
JD,

As I mentioed to you before, I have first hand knowledge of LCU intrest and endevor to create such a program. The biggest hurdle is/was the insurance issue and that Lotus was not able to offer the kind of delivery programs that larger companies like Porsche, BMW and Mercedes offer. The program is definitely being workd on but with no offical word at LA, chances are it may not be available until later in the 2005 modle year.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Man, right hand drive in the UK is difficult enough, left hand drive in the UK???:eek: Of course Lotus should look at this as a way to sell more cars after half of them get crashed within a few miles of Hethel

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Patricko said:
I asked about that while talking to one of the UK Lotus people and they had not heard of it and did not think it would happen.
jml1952 said:
I heard the same response when someone next to me asked that question.
Maybe you were standing next to Patrick when he asked it?!? LOL, how funny that would be.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Patricko said:
I was there Saturday at about 11AM or so...was it me?

Patrick
Nope, I was there on Friday.

I was very tempted to go back on Saturday. Looks like I will drop by for a few hours on Wednesday - I miss my yellow baby and need another fix to carry me for the next six months.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Unless they have changed their policy, you cannot pick up your car from the Hethel factory because they do not sell cars privately. You have to order your car and pick it up from a dealer. I tried to do this with my car (I was living in Singapore at the time) and the best I could do was order and pick up my car from Bell & Colvill (18 month wait list in those days !), and then drive directly to Hethel where I had arranged a special one on one factory tour because the only day I was free was not an official "tour" day. And you cannot take a photo of your car at Hethel - No cameras allowed !!
Giles.

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
The proposed program for US cars is entirely new and not yet confirmed. But I can assure you that it is in the works.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts