The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
911EATER said:
Dealer told me my car is at port today and could take one month to get to me.
I would bet that this is the same ship that many of us where told to expect to arrive on the 17th :D

I sure hope it doesn't take a damn month to get to the dealership. I think your dealership is being way conservative. I was told 10-15 days is all it should take.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
wild- i am really interested in seeing pix of your car when it is in...may be exactly my color choice

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks, Lust

The dealer's demo is also graphite, but blk interior and LSS. I have never seen this color in person, but at the LA show, the Lotus guys said it is hot. We will see. I plan to use it as my Bat Mobile. The way I drive I need stealth from cops, not visability.:)

·
Registered
211 Posts
I stopped by Criswell Lotus in Maryland today, since I was in the neighborhood. I saw Tom Skinner pull out a HUGE binder with everyone's info that's in line for the Elise. I commented and he was like, "Oh, this is nothing- there's 2 more like it in this drawer!"

Well, to my surprise, it turns out that I'm no longer #7 (as I was told *two and a half years ago* when I ordered it)- I'm #3!!! I saw their list- #1 is the demo, #2 is some other guy and there was my name in the #3 spot! Wow, totally made me get all excited all over again. He said my car got "here" today and is being unpacked (I guess they're shipped in containers), prepped, and then being transported up here from South Carolina. He said it shouldn't take more than a week, but since they've never done it before, they have no history to go on!

It was fun to see all the Lamborghini Gallardo's they had there too :D

It's really happening! I'm sooo excited!

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Sean,

That IS a pleasant surprise to be moved up from 7 to 3!
It's just a technicality, but the cars are hauled by truck from Charleston (port of entry) to Brunswick GA(dist. center)>

Standard time frame is 10-15 days from POE to dealer.

Curious, did you go for the clear bra option. I'm really glad I did after all the pea gravel pinging on the sides on the interstate.

Chris

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hey Chris, thanks for clarifying that!

Actually, I didn't get the clear bra- and I was kind of glad I didn't. I saw one today and could see it pretty well. The car was a little bit dirty, but I still think (remember, this is just my opinion) it made the paint look like it had that "orange peel" texture.

I don't plan on putting too many miles on my car. I can only keep it until around November, so I just didn't see the benefit in the option (to me at least). I hope it isn't a problem when I go to sell it in the Fall...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts