·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Awesome news! Congrats!!

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
congrats!

I got the call mine was in port yesterday.

My dealer is in Atlanta. Wonder when it will be at the dealership?

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
BTC said:
Lotus installed the alarm on August 31st
It arrived in port on Sept 18th

How did you come by that timeline? Specially the alarm install date?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a sheet in the papers I got with the car.

Its a hand written form filled out and stamped by Lotus - the 8/31 date is on it.

The rest I got from Mark.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Hey Brian...Mark mentioned to me that you had asked about the paint film wrapover into the door thing. We looked at that at Orchard Beach. Did you wind up doing that?

It won't do much for cone scuffs though...I think it's better to tape as scuffs are much harder to remove from film than from paint. At first, for myself (and for Pat) it was quite easy to catch a cone on the rear of the sills in front of the rear wheels. It appears that the central driving position combined with the large hips on the car contribute to this until you get used to it.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Stan said:

It won't do much for cone scuffs though...I think it's better to tape as scuffs are much harder to remove from film than from paint. At first, for myself (and for Pat) it was quite easy to catch a cone on the rear of the sills in front of the rear wheels. It appears that the central driving position combined with the large hips on the car contribute to this until you get used to it.
Argh! You mean I'm going to have to tape the car up like Jenn for AX.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
>>>Argh! You mean I'm going to have to tape the car up like Jenn for AX.<<<

Yeah, you will. At least at first if you're like me....the last autocross I was in a didn't hit any cones, the one before I think I had one clean run. Ya gotta get used to having a wide ***.

Somehow the film holds onto the cone marks much more tenaciously than the paint. A little scuff, no problem. Hit a lot of cones or co-drive, big time clean up. Gojo with pumice gets them right off the film but that is aggressive stuff I used as a last resort. It came out fine though and the film is shiny and clear again.

·
Registered
971 Posts
How about Invoiced on Friday, 1 October and Delivered to Autostrada on Tuesday, 5 October. Starshield installed. Mine arrived yesterday along with MotorCade's and three others.:clap: :up: :clap:

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Lumn8r said:
How about Invoiced on Friday, 1 October and Delivered to Autostrada on Tuesday, 5 October. Starshield installed. Mine arrived yesterday along with MotorCade's and three others.:clap: :up: :clap:
I gotta get over there and snap some pics :D

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
:p cograts guys!!! :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Lumn8r said:
Do you know when your cars reached port?

·
Registered
971 Posts
nxm150 said:
Do you know when your cars reached port?
Don't know when they reached port, but I was emailed last Thursday asking if I wanted Starshield and then told Friday that the car was in the US.

·
Registered
94 Posts
My car was at the port 9/25. Did anyone receive there car yet from this shipment?

You guys were right...the final weeks are harder then the last 2 years.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Z3convert said:
My car was at the port 9/25. Did anyone receive there car yet from this shipment?

You guys were right...the final weeks are harder then the last 2 years.
Same boat as you dude ... still waiting.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Steve,

Still no word on your car? UGH! I hope you hear something over the weekend.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
We are talking about 'first wave' cars,
those being the ones that CEO English
mentioned not being completely received until the end of October, aren't we?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts