The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Downtown Jaguar in Minneapolis, MN has their demo:black/black, touring and hardtop. They are only allowing test drives to customers "on the list".

I finally got to drive the Elise, but I won't comment because anything I could say has already been said many times before. The experience was awesome but all too short! (Ok I had to comment a bit.) I put my deposit down the first of November 2003 and was #28, I ordered in March 2004. They now tell me I'm #18 so I have moved up a bunch! I should be seeing mine in "late fall" or November. At this point I'm not holding my breath, I figure sometime in January.

Downtown Jag so far has received 3 customer cars (CO, BGR & Black) and 2 "extra" cars that sold for 10k over MSRP (. . . I'm not going there . . .). The funny thing is all 3 customer cars were still waiting to be picked up. I know mine won't be sitting there for long.

Lastly, elisED did you actually bail or are you still hanging in there?

rjbennington

·
Registered
458 Posts
WHAT!!! Did the Chrome Orange car have the sport suspension on it??

Hoping against hope...

·
Registered
458 Posts
AAAAhahahahahahahahahahaaaaa!!!! It IS my car!!

I pick it up tomorrow!

·
Registered
34 Posts
1. I'm assuming you guys are storing them for the winter.
2. You are storing them, right?
3. Did anyone @ the dealer tell you anything about "putting them up" for the winter? Would Elises need anything different than any other car as far as winter storage?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, definately storing it. The dealer didn't mention anything about storing the Elise but I know there has been discussion here on EliseTalk in the past. The only one I remember is that the tires aren't supposed to be used or stored in -10 degree weather . . . hmmm, interesting. I do know that in the UK and Europe some use the car during the winters.

One nice thing about storing the car is that in the spring it's like discovering a "new" car.

rjbennington

·
Supporting Vendor
4,115 Posts
You realize you may get snow in 1.5 months? ;) I lived in StPaul for 10 yrs. I was there during the Halloween 36" snowstorm in '91!

Have any of your driven down to Pepin, WI? The drive along hwy 35 next to the Mississippi River is beautiful. I used to ride my motorcycles down that route. Many of the 'alphabet' roads that branch off of the 35 are nice and twisty. My wife and I usually drove through Afton and stopped at the Harbor View Cafe in Pepin. Great food!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts