The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Desert European in Rancho Mirage, CA has put their demo for sale.. it's some Lifestyle shade of silver (not sure which), with LSS + Touring + Starshield.

Sticker is around $46k. Asking price?

$56k, for a $10,000 premium.

Walk in with a checkbook, drive out happy and poor.

I will resist the editorializing...

·
Registered
758 Posts
Just because they have to keep the car for X amount of time, doesn't mean they can't sell it before hand. There's a few demos that have been sold, but the cars are still on the lots, and people are still allowed to test drive.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Naw Gromit.. it's pretty clear that's not the idea.

You could drive the demo home today, not later.

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
what! goddamnit! I was supposed to go yesterday to drive it but couldn't make it in time from 1000 oaks. I told Pat next saturday. I hope the car is still there and I can drive it. This is getting ridiculous.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Ground Loop said:
Naw Gromit.. it's pretty clear that's not the idea.

You could drive the demo home today, not later.
For once in my life, I'm in a good mood, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt .. until it actually happens :D

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
Gromit said:
Just because they have to keep the car for X amount of time, doesn't mean they can't sell it before hand. There's a few demos that have been sold, but the cars are still on the lots, and people are still allowed to test drive.
Tell this to Newport who sold theirs and won't let anyone drive it anymore because they don't want to increase the mileage and prevent people from ripping the sh*t out of the car.

they don't have to sell the car right away, but they also don't have to let anyone drive it until the time comes to exchange ownership.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts