The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dacia from lotustalk/Autostrada in Austin said:

It sounds like the demos have been delayed to come with customer cars, so the Autostrada demo should also be here by/around June 15.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
aty,
that's not really too far off from what I've been hearing. Although I've been pretty sure the first customer cars weren't coming to mid june anyway. For me it's not a huge deal but for those who are anxious to see the demo, probably not the best news.
Chris

·
Registered
963 Posts
It makes more sense to ship them all together. I was looking foward to some kind of action in May though on the Elise front. :(

·
Registered
262 Posts
I'm sticking to my May 28th prediction...for first customer car delivered to a forum member. I figure demo's will come in the same shipment. I have no idea how many Elise's would have to "queue up" before they may take them to the dock...some of you in the know may have an idea. If first US Elise's went into production a few Saturday's back, there must be a few dozen sitting in a lot by now, awaiting shipment, if not being loaded proper.

Where are our UK spies? ;)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yup, just heard the same thing from my dealer. I called about the article in Sports Car Market that said that some dealers might keep the first 10 cars to sell on the floor for a premium. He said that they're definitely not doing that (Criswell in MD).

He also mentioned that they are supposed to be getting 10 cars in the first shippment and one of them will be the demo car. So I just made it in on that shippment (I'm #7). He said they had a conference call yesterday (I assume with Lotus England) and he said they said that they're shipping us the cars at the end of this month and that it usually takes about 2 weeks to get here, but could take as long as 4 weeks. Either way, sounds like I will be driving my Elise within 6 weeks!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I will reiterate in this thread That I was told that the dealership here in Utah are not expecting their demo car until MID JUNE. This leads me to believe that I won't see my car until mid July. To people that haven't been waiting 2 years that may not seem significant I guess, but to me it IS!
I really wish LCUSA would tell the dealers when they are getting allotments because it is not like they don't know.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I just got off the phone with Mark Starr the head guy up at my dealer Hunting Ridge Motors. He found out this week that the Dealer Demos have been delayed until the end of June. He said everything has pretty much been pushed back a month.

Knowing Lotus this does NOT suprise me at all. They are normaly behind on things. My friend who worked for Lotus from 1987 to 1999 said this is normal. They are always behind. I totally believe him now.

Best Wishes,
Mitch

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
hermanslotus said:
I just got off the phone with Mark Starr the head guy up at my dealer Hunting Ridge Motors. He found out this week that the Dealer Demos have been delayed until the end of June. He said everything has pretty much been pushed back a month.

Knowing Lotus this does NOT suprise me at all. They are normaly behind on things. My friend who worked for Lotus from 1987 to 1999 said this is normal for Lotus. They are always behind. I totally believe him now.

Best Wishes,
Mitch
Not what I was hoping to hear...

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
From a cold business standpoint, it would make sense to send the demo cars with the first shipment because:

1) Most of us would buy the car anyway even without a demo ride;
2) Demo rides may cause some of us to reconsider the Elise; and
3) It's just more economical in shipping & man power.

Wonder who's decision it was to delay the demo cars. ;)

But on the brightside, in 8 weeks, this will all be moot as the Elises will be here. We've come this far, what's a few more weeks, right? :( - I mean :)!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
From a cold business standpoint, it would make sense to send the demo cars with the first shipment because:

Wonder who's decision it was to delay the demo cars. ;)

But on the brightside, in 8 weeks, this will all be moot as the Elises will be here. We've come this far, what's a few more weeks, right? :( - I mean :)!
On these two points:

Sorry I confess it was my decision to delay the demo cars:D

Lastly this will only be a moot point if I decide not to delay them again:D

Who woulda thunk it:huh:

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
Not all of them. Definitely not all of them. Certainly not mine. I'm trying to work a deal on a used Miata right now to get me through this summer...

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
I've got to admit guys, with Arnie being unceremoniously canned and now the deliver not until END of June(if true) (was all primed for mid june) the elise experience is becoming less enjoyable for me day by day.

Then I wonder, at the end of May will they say, oops another delay, end of July?
Chris:(

·
Registered
81 Posts
So, which port does Lotus use to bring in the cars to the U.S.? Are cars going to the West Coast tranported by land from the East Coast or by sea directly from England?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I'm really tired of this. I'm so close to saying "f*** it" and saving money and getting an RX8 instead. I don't want to, but two days after my dealer told me that my car would be with him mid june, I'm hearing end of june.

is it the end of june? is it the end of august? is this the fourth unofficial date I've heard?

Please, please get it straight lotus. This hasn't been funny for a long time.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
The worst part of bailing out is when you find out that the Elise that would have been yours is at the dealer waiting for pickup.

The worst part about bailing out in the last leg of the wait is when you realized that the time from when you bailed out to the time your car arrived wasn't really that long after all.

Where about a month away from the first deliveries. Hence, NO waiters in the first 20 spots are allowed to bail out. :no:

1 - 20 of 96 Posts