The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Deroure's ordering system has been down for the past couple of days and I have a couple of parts(mainly a hub bearing) I need to order. Is there an alternative that'll get me a part as fast as they can normally? Should I call my local dealer, or will they take months? Speed is somewhat important here as I have my car apart right now.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Hub bearing you can get from monkey wrench, their QRP parts are good on the race car.

What else do you need?

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hub bearing you can get from monkey wrench, their QRP parts are good on the race car.

What else do you need?
Oh perfect, thanks for that! Looks like they're a little cheaper than the oem part too. The other part I'd looked into was an exige intercooler shroud, but it seemed very expensive OEM. I'm installing a boe rev 400 in my exige and want to put the front heat exchanger in my engine bay, connected to the roof scoop. The OEM intercooler is much larger, so it looked like I'd have to modify the shroud anyway... ideas?

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Oh perfect, thanks for that! Looks like they're a little cheaper than the oem part too. The other part I'd looked into was an exige intercooler shroud, but it seemed very expensive OEM. I'm installing a boe rev 400 in my exige and want to put the front heat exchanger in my engine bay, connected to the roof scoop. The OEM intercooler is much larger, so it looked like I'd have to modify the shroud anyway... ideas?

Don't do that, no air goes through the shroud anyways, use their side mounted heat exchanger or mount in the front, if you don't want to lose AC there is even a bottom front mounting option. Any idea that uses the roof scoop will not be good.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't do that, no air goes through the shroud anyways, use their side mounted heat exchanger or mount in the front, if you don't want to lose AC there is even a bottom front mounting option. Any idea that uses the roof scoop will not be good.
Interesting, did not know that! So the kit I am getting (this is part of a built engine swap with the rev 400, coming from an elise), has the BOE side heat exchanger already, as well as the small front-mount one. I didn't want to deal with the hassle of installing it up front, which was why I considered the engine bay. Not sure how much difference the second exchanger makes...maybe I should also have it pull from the side.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Interesting, did not know that! So the kit I am getting (this is part of a built engine swap with the rev 400, coming from an elise), has the BOE side heat exchanger already, as well as the small front-mount one. I didn't want to deal with the hassle of installing it up front, which was why I considered the engine bay. Not sure how much difference the second exchanger makes...maybe I should also have it pull from the side.
Realistically, if you aren't tracking the car in competition the side mount will be OK. your single pull horsepower will still be close, and in your environment you'll still have decent results. It's only a big deal in the heat on the track.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Realistically, if you aren't tracking the car in competition the side mount will be OK. your single pull horsepower will still be close, and in your environment you'll still have decent results. It's only a big deal in the heat on the track.
Gotcha, think I'll go with that then. Thanks for all the tips!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts