The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just spoke to Pat Marsh, Lotus Sales Manager, who confirmed that their dealer demo should be shipped on June 15th, arriving the 1st week or so of July.

They offload in Long Beach, send the cars down to San Diego for Prep then allocate to the various dealers in Socal.

I am number 14 (thought I was 13, but that might not be the best number : ) and was told to expect my car mid August.

Pat mentioned that Lotus was behind in schedule, but made great strides to catch back up and is pretty much back on schedule.

From day one he has consistantly held to the late July - Mid August delivery for my car, glad to see it hasn't been delayed (fingers crossed!)

I believe that they are going to equip their Demo with the Stage 1 exhaust for those of us considering but forgot to ask if it is LSS.

Soon soon soon!!!!!

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Only quibble I would have is that the cars have already shipped and he should expect 3 weeks transit time, so the dealer demos for the west coast could be there around June 25th. Then prep.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Thanks for the writeup Jason! Saved Pat from having to answer the same questions for me.

I started off as #17, but through people dropping off moved to #13 a few months ago. So last I heard, I have the lucky number working for me.

Last I talked to Pat (in April?), their demo car was supposed to arrive 5/20, and #1-15 by early August. Sounds like they're still pretty close to target.

Do you know if they're still expecting shipments of ~7 cars at a time?

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
I'll prep the first demo for Lotus, free of charge. :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope, no idea on how many cars they are going to get at a time, but other threads seem to indicate that there will be weekly shipments...how they are broken up is beyond me.

I too started out around 18 or so then moved down to 14(ish) I get a bit confused as some quote the dealer demo as "1" and others don't count it. Regardless, should be within August...I HOPE!

These are the toughest times as I KNOW the car is getting close!

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
What does "prepped" mean? Adding oil, fluids, charging batteries, etc.?

I thought cars were prepped at the specific dealers. Does that mean once an Elise arrives at the dealer, it's ready to be driven off the lot?

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
The cars actually are basically prepped before being put in containers from the factory. When they reach the dealer essentially they just have to do pre delivery inspection.

Chris

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I'm curious.. how many other deposits from Desert European do we have here on EliseTalk? Chime in!

I'm still hoping to get my VIN before delivery to have things squared away. I think a lot of this will become clear when the first customers get their car and share the experience.

Down to the last 90 days..

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not sure what is done when the distribution center preps a car. I would imagine that they simply inspect the cars for any transit damage, sign off and earmark each car for it's respective dealer.

Didn't ask Pat what else they may do to them, does anyone else know?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Only quibble I would have is that the cars have already shipped and he should expect 3 weeks transit time, so the dealer demos for the west coast could be there around June 25th. Then prep.
He probably meant shipped from the east coast port on June 15th.

·
shay2nak
24,979 Posts
Pat and I were emailing today and he said no firm date but guesses june 20th and that no one had dropped out so we are all in the same spots.

Jason demo has sport pack

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Ground Loop said:
I'm curious.. how many other deposits from Desert European do we have here on EliseTalk? Chime in!
I'm here! Number 20! If my car! doesn't! get here! soon! I may pop!

·
Registered
803 Posts
I am early but may not be around to collect

I am lucky as I suspect I am amoung the first scheduled to get a car. I never asked where I was in the order but found out from others on the list that I was towards the front. Even LCU confirmed my order was in and I got a good idea of when my car was being built because I requested an interior color that was not available without the touring option and I did not want the touring option.

So what is my problem? I am scheduled for a family reunion on the other side of the continent during the last week in July! Arghhhhh! What if the car arrives then? Who will drive it, what will they do to it, and will I lose my place??!??!

I have even asked that the dealership not remove any shipping coating, not add any dealership stickers (not done on the West Coast but I wanted to make sure) and to add only a license plate frame. I want to help advertise Desert European becaue they have been honest, unlike my first dealership experience.

So, do I have any volunteers to pick up my car while I am at the reunion? Can you please take care of my car and drive it up the Pacific Coast and have it waiting for me upon my return?

(Just kidding....)

I find it fascinating that we are all breathless awaiting the arrival. I have been waiting since 1997, almost eight years! You would think that another week or so would not matter! Can you say obsessive? It is jus a car! (Yeah, right...)

Some of you may know that I bought a Mazda MPV as a family hauler. I dechromed the back, removing the badges. It left three holes on either side. Recently MINI, in their great advertising campaign, sent out some stick on letters, so you could put your handle on the side of your car, under the driiver's window, like a fighter pilot. I thought I might use the letters to put "Elise Wannabe" or "Lotus Elise" on the back of my Titanium Silver Elise Wannabe.

Patience is a virtue, I wonder if Colin had much...

Michael

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Odd, don't know how I would have moved up the list w/o someone dropping out. Not that I am complaining about being in the 14th spot!

Good to know about the Sports Pack, thanks Shay. I may want to head over there after they confirm that they have the demo....a good test drive should help me get through the next two months : ) ......Although it might make it worse :rolleyes:

Are any of you getting the hard top?

I passed on it and instead will be spending the money on anodizing the rims.....

On Order: Graphite Grey, Touring Pack w/Black & Red Interior, LSS and planning on Black Rims.....

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
shay2nak said:
what's up andy!
Here's what! The guy that bought my S2000 three weeks ago got rear-ended by a hit and run driver and then spun into a guardrail. If I ran the world, hit and runners would not only have the worst spot in hell reserved for them, they would get to go immediately!

Desert European content: I should get some sort of prize from Pat and Austin as I have not called or emailed them even once since I ordered.

·
shay2nak
24,979 Posts
originally posted by andykeck
Here's what! The guy that bought my S2000 three weeks ago got rear-ended by a hit and run driver and then spun into a guardrail.
wow! that sucks, unbelievable.

and yes you should get some kind of award. but i'd contact them anyway so they don't forget about you! :p

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi all,
I'm doing my best to stay away from Elise-talk. The waiting is killing me. Better to keep busy doing other things. Anyway I would like to publicly thank Michael Sand of Sandsmuseum for turning me on to Desert European. I am told I am number 11. I ordered Red, tan, touring... boring but so what. ..... and did I mention I can't wait.
Best regards
Mark

·
Registered
670 Posts
andykeck said:
If I ran the world, hit and runners would not only have the worst spot in hell reserved for them, they would get to go immediately!

Save that spot for child molesters please. Hit and run non fatal accidents pale by comparison.

Steve

1 - 20 of 21 Posts