The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an FYI for anyone in the area, I just spoke with Pat, Lotus Sales Manager, who confirmed that they expect their dealer demo to arrive around 5/20/04.

They will be equiping it with a Stage 1 exhaust so that we can all hear the difference!

Thought some of you in the area might want to know.

Those that are on their list, and are numbers 15 and less, can reasonably expect their car roughly around July - early August...tho some of you in the single digits may get it sooner.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Lotus Demo?

Jasonv44:
Do you know if this is also true for Newport European Motors in Costa Mesa/Newport Beach?
- dechien

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
originally posted by Jasonv44
They will be equiping it with a Stage 1 exhaust so that we can all hear the difference!
Excellent! I will be there the day they get it. Pat also ordered LSS and touring no hardtop because it is hotter than hell there.
thanks, jason!
ara

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I wonder if Lotus is flying the demos into the US. Because I don't believe a ship could get the car to the west coast by May 20th unless it's already on the way.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do not know if it is true of Newport Desert, tho I would imagine it would be...same company, yes?

I too will make a trip over there once I get a confirmation that the Elise is in. Can't wait! : )

.............Jason

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
JML.
I suspect they're already on the water, at least some of them.
Chris
Is this another of those top secret tidbits of information??

For once, couldn't Lotus just release some factual info ahead of time? Would it kill them to say demos are being shipped, expect to see them at your dealer in May?

I, for one, am really tired of this #@@*!!%%@@ cloak of secrecy surrounding every event.

All right, I'll relax and breathe and wait serenely for the cars to arrive. No doubt somebody here will tell us when a real car hits the shore. Thanks for the hints anyway, Chris.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I for one am just glad that the cars are in production....it always seems to be a rare occurance when a new vehicle comes to market without issue....specially one new to the country!

Personally, the wait is KILLING me, but it will definitely be worth it in the long run.

I too second the opinion that new information is (press release?) long overdue. Soon I hope!

·
Registered
866 Posts
jml1952 said:
Is this another of those top secret tidbits of information??

For once, couldn't Lotus just release some factual info ahead of time? Would it kill them to say demos are being shipped, expect to see them at your dealer in May?

I, for one, am really tired of this #@@*!!%%@@ cloak of secrecy surrounding every event.

All right, I'll relax and breathe and wait serenely for the cars to arrive. No doubt somebody here will tell us when a real car hits the shore. Thanks for the hints anyway, Chris.
I agree. It simple makes no sense. Also, about the sport exhausts...Why not keep the cars stock for a while, and then put the exhaust on them after a month or so? That way everyone could actually hear a difference between the different exhausts. It makes no sense to have a comparison between the different exhaust systems WHEN NOTHING IS BEING COMPARED. I guess we are all supposed to think, "Gee Whiz, that sounds real nice. I want one." I think there is a lot of silliness the whoe way the launch of these cars are being handeled. I am sure that any of us on this message board would volunteer to put new information on a website if Lotus doesn't have the time or resources. It wouldn't take more than 10 minutes a day to have an official site with all of the new information posted on it. :confused:

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
atyclb said:
sounds like the west coast cars are on the water and the east coast ones will be shortly
The last time I spoke with Wally at Star, he mentioned that his demo was on the water.

Sure, I'm looking forward to driving the demo, but the fun really begins in Nov/Dec when mine hits the shore!

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
Originally posted by Mean TT
Also, about the sport exhausts...Why not keep the cars stock for a while, and then put the exhaust on them after a month or so? That way everyone could actually hear a difference between the different exhausts.
I'm going to take my Minidisc recorder with me and record audio when I take the car for a spin and directly at the Stage 1 tailpipe. I'm also planning to visit Newport Euro to check out the CO demo, I'm sure that will have a stock exhaust. I will record that car in the same manner as the Desert demo. I can then compare the two. Although, I don't know how to upload sound files for you guys to listen to.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
shay2nak said:
I'm going to take my Minidisc recorder with me and record audio when I take the car for a spin and directly at the Stage 1 tailpipe. I'm also planning to visit Newport Euro to check out the CO demo, I'm sure that will have a stock exhaust. I will record that car in the same manner as the Desert demo. I can then compare the two. Although, I don't know how to upload sound files for you guys to listen to.
I can help you out with that. I'm dying to hear the difference. Well, not actually dying, but you know what I mean.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
Cool! Thanks, Andy.
Ara

Are you going to come down to CA to drive the demo?

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
My dealer (Rothrock) just told me they expect their demo mid to late May, so May 20th makes sense. My big question is will my car be with it (1st on the list) or not. My concern is that they get more than just the demo, but don't tell me and move those cars to, umm, influencial or premium-paying customers. I don't know how I would be able to tell, though. In any case, I'll head down and test drive the thing and gaze upon my car (the demo is same color, same options).

I wonder how I could find out when the hauler will show up there---I'd love to see what they're unloading, if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
do you guys really think that Lotus is sending each dealership a demo without sending individual customer cars on the same shipment? Would that make any sense $$$-wise to ship over the demo cars and then truck each one individually to the dealerships. You think that they would cram each truck full with as many cars as will fit.

I expect each demo car to come with a handful of customers cars as well. But then again very little Lotus does is making much sense these days so who knows...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts