The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Desert European Motorcars Dealer Demo - 5/20/04

4K views 47 replies 26 participants last post by  zvezdah1 
shay2nak said:
I'm going to take my Minidisc recorder with me and record audio when I take the car for a spin and directly at the Stage 1 tailpipe. I'm also planning to visit Newport Euro to check out the CO demo, I'm sure that will have a stock exhaust. I will record that car in the same manner as the Desert demo. I can then compare the two. Although, I don't know how to upload sound files for you guys to listen to.
I can help you out with that. I'm dying to hear the difference. Well, not actually dying, but you know what I mean.

shay2nak said:
Are you going to come down to CA to drive the demo?
I'm gonna try, but I need to find a free weekend and also convince my wife that this would be a vacation. It doesn't help that it's hotter than the surface of the sun there now. Some friends just got back from Coachella and report hallucination-inducing temperatures. You live in Seattle long enough and 75 becomes uncomfortably hot.

Re: Delivery Update

tahoemark said:
Why I'm really writing this email is Pat said they expected their first shipment of customer cars towards the end of JUNE! So get ready!! I'm #11 at Desert European and Pat said Lotus had not given them any information on the second shipment but Pat surmised that perhaps the end of July or so.

The waiting is killing me but it will be soon!!!
So was Pat suggesting that the first shipment of cars received corresponds roughly with the first batch of orders placed? 10 or so? Last credible thing I heard was that cars we coming around 3-5 per month...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.