The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone, we are the shop that did the work on forum member LWEIN's Elise. In that car we installed a Valentine One radar, two sets of MB Quart speakers, an 8" subwoofer and a 5 channel amplifier. We also installed an Eclipse radio and yes the car has good AM/FM reception. We put alot of equipment in this little car but when you look at you can barely tell anything is in it. The V1 radar display was etched into the rearview mirror and the radar was mounted in the overhead bar behind the passenger seat. You wouldn't even know its in the car. If you are interested in seeing pics of the car please email me @ [email protected]. I'am having trouble posting the pics on this site. If you are also interested in having some work done feel free to ask any questions or call the shop. Our shop info is Design Tech LLC. 2436 Morris ave. Union, NJ 07083 (908)686-0888

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
designtechllc said:
The V1 radar display was etched into the rearview mirror and the radar was mounted in the overhead bar behind the passenger seat.
If we can't have pictures, maybe a more lengthy description of what this means? How do you etch the radar display into the mirror? The only thing I've ever been able to etch is a 'frost' look.

How is the V1 mounted in the bar?

If you can email the pictures to me or anyone here, I can post them in this thread. I'm very curious how this came together because it seems the bar is a great place for radar mounting if you can do it.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I sent you an e-mail and perhaps you could send me the pictures and I will post them. Appreciate it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I fixed the phone number sorry about that. I will send you guys some pics so please post them. The pics of the radar mounted in the rear overhead bar are not available yet I will get them ASAP.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'am Really sorry I tried to send the pics to some of you but they were all sent back. Within the next couple of days I will work on posting them. Sorry for the delay!:confused:

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Hve you considered contacting the forum owner, Randy, about doing some advertising here. :) He does a great job getting all us Lotus owners together, Im sure you could benefit from this relationship, looks like you already are! The forum would love you for it too. :)

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Still no pictures of this install? I thing many here would be interested in doing business with you it your install proves to be well executed.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I think I found the installation kit he was talking about.

Here's a Lotus Esprit "etched" mirror with the V1 display graphics totally cut out of the silver coat on the mirror:

http://www.historyofcars-l.com/items/2479791553.html
Butt ugly, IMO.

This one from Jim Powell is cheaper and much more discrete, leaving part of the silvering in place:

http://www.apexcone.com/JimPowellHomepage/Radar/RadarLove.html
http://www.ecisbmw.com/product_files/accessories/V1 Display.htm

That's the one I would choose and probably the one designtech is talking about. We still don't know how it was mounted in the overhead bar.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
>>That's the one I would choose and probably the one designtech is talking about. We still don't know how it was mounted in the overhead bar.<<

Dunno how much room there is in that part of the bodywork - a tubular steel rollbar lives in there! It's rearward diagonal elements can be seen on either side of the engine bar, BTW.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
hidden V-1

Design-tech...i'm in westchester,N.Y. and i'll be interested when my car comes:cool:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Since the fine in VA is $97.00 for an illegal detector (or so I am told...) this may interest some drivers in the Old Dominion.

Let us know more.

·
Registered
426 Posts
designtech, I sent you an email with an optonline.net email address. I know I can receive attachments of up to 15mb, since I have gotten attachments of that size before. If you send me the photos, I'll get them posted here.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Photos coming.....

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts

·
Forum Founder